Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Thats good. Lets hope that other councils will get the message and do something positive now...don't hold your breath though!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thats good. Lets hope that other councils will get the message and do something positive now...don't hold your breath though!
As mentioned several times in several threads, councils will only "get the message and do something positive" if we motorhomers start the process by doing something positive and sending them the message :)

As Broken Link Removed shows, more than half of the respondents have no interest in doing so. That being the case we can't really blame councils can we? :)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
This scheme has one serious flaw. They want £6.00 for the night (12hrs) and you have to then pay the day rate if you want to stay during the day. I don't know how much the day rate is but Im pretty sure it will make the combined 24hr rate dearer than staying at a CL.

St Annes have got it right as they have a combined day and night price and also offer a 2 and 3 day price. We usually stop 3 days and nights for £21.00 iirc. Which is fine for a car park with no facilities.

I personally wouldn't pay £12+ per day to stop onj a noisy car park with no facilities.

Think again Blackpool!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
As mentioned several times in several threads, councils will only "get the message and do something positive" if we motorhomers start the process by doing something positive and sending them the message :)

I would be happy to contact councils but can you post a copy of the letter you send to them so I can copy it :) PLEASE

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Well done Blackpool (y) (y) hope it works out,and hope many more councils do the same, whenever we stay anywhere, we always spend money in the shops, restaurants, and pubs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back