LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
They're not far from the Hymer factory and museum. Think their factory tours a once a month. Might bring worth a visit.
Apparently you can park up at factory (heard they have hook up) or museum.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They're not far from the Hymer factory and museum. Think their factory tours a once a month. Might bring worth a visit.
Apparently you can park up at factory (heard they have hook up) or museum.
The Hymer Stellaplaz is outside the Sevice centre at the back of the showroom, only a small parking area, there is EHU you have to pay for it, no other services. It used to be a large Stellplatz but they have fenced most of it off for employee parking. Only room for about 10 vans now, not a patch on the Carthago City one, if we want to visit Hymer we stay at the Carthago one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I've been told the ehu is free for hymer owners :p

May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
We have a Hymer and visited the Hymer Stellplatz 3 days ago. Electricity was via a coin operated machine €1 for 2 Kw. There was no free electricity.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
We have a Hymer and visited the Hymer Stellplatz 3 days ago. Electricity was via a coin operated machine €1 for 2 Kw. There was no free electricity.
After sue reminded me it definitely free last year remember getting the lead out in the pouring rain only did it because we had battery problems at the time. No way Lenny pays for EHU, the boss would lynch me.:D

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Took our Frankia to the factory a few years ago , EHU was free,and cobs/rolls were delivered to the van again free.The only problem was that when they done the repair and extras then they told us that English credit cards were not except able .

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
we looked at the c line but went for a dethleffs for us we did not think the extra 10,000 pounds was worth it this was
£100,000 but we have had problems with our dethleffs and sent a email to the factory but they fobbed us off like they all do ray xx lol still lol going to move in with @dabhand now

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Been advised to return to the factory for MANY repairs and replacements to our less than quality Carthago
If they couldn't build the b..... thing properly at the start there's no way they're going to bodge it now .

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Came across this video on youtube not sure if its been posted before if you are thinking of buying a Carthago its worth a watch. May have to call in to Carthago City on the way back to the UK. ( if the £ picks up by April )
Don't jump in to purchasing a Carthago . We saved for years to eventually own one and what a shock.They still drop to pieces and we agree the build quality is good. I'll be selling ours as soon as we save up.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Our Carthago is fabulous. Apart from a couple of cost cutting bits missing from the spec (it is one of the cheaper models) I can't fault it in any way. Build quality is superb, everything works as it should, I would buy another in a heartbeat. I don't know why some of you guys have been unlucky but I'm really sorry, my experience has been the exact opposite.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
we looked at the c line but went for a dethleffs for us we did not think the extra 10,000 pounds was worth it this was £100,000
How did you manage to get to 100k we were seriously looking at one with all the extras we wanted inc. auto came out around £83k @ €1.18 /£.
Quality fine better than Hymer but we couldn't live with cramped lounge and poor shower so saved ourselves 10k Euro and went for the Hymer.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We ve looked at the Highline several times because its a good size for us and a reasonable price, but - like @Lenny HB - we find the lounge area too cramped.

It is a shame that Carthago offer no other choice of Lounge layout.

Might well include Carthago city on the next trip though.

Jon

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Been advised to return to the factory for MANY repairs and replacements to our less than quality Carthago
If they couldn't build the b..... thing properly at the start there's no way they're going to bodge it now .

Assuming you ve got a c-tourer; which factory do they want you to go to?

Most of the moans Ive heard of have been with the Slovenian produced ones, which in fairness are marketed as a cheaper and lighter alternative so I suppose something has to give.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Fortunately mine wasn't a Slovenian shed. God help me if they are worse . My conversation with them didn't last long enough for which factory I had to return to.
Had enough of there sh.. As far as I'm concerned they are over rated by miles .

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
What problems have you had with yours? I know it's tempting fate but so far ours hasn't had any, although I appreciate that's probably just the luck of the draw. I thought the C-Tourers were all made in Slovenia?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Assuming you ve got a c-tourer; which factory do they want you to go to?

Most of the moans Ive heard of have been with the Slovenian produced ones, which in fairness are marketed as a cheaper and lighter alternative so I suppose something has to give.
The Chic C-Line is also made in the Slovenian factory.

cbrown1360

Free Member
Aug 24, 2015
Lymington
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
What problems have you had with yours? I know it's tempting fate but so far ours hasn't had any, although I appreciate that's probably just the luck of the draw. I thought the C-Tourers were all made in Slovenia?
I have a Compactline i143 on order - where are they made?

Reactions: f6c
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
As far as I know all the Carthagos, with the exception of the big expensive models are made in Slovenia. Can't complain with the build quality of mine, even if it's not German.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Is there any reason why a vehicle built in a Slovenian Carthago factory should be less reliable or well built than one built in the same companies German factory?
Are the Slovenian workers less able, intelligent or reliable than their German counterparts?
Surely the factory will be managed and controlled in the same way, to the same company standards.
It's just that costs of wages and site overheads are probably a fair bit lower that in Germany.
Really can't see why there should be any problem.

Richard.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think it depends on the motivation of the workers. At the moment I think the Slovenians are enjoying a new found property and take pride in what they are producing.
There's no apparent difference in quality.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back