Welcome The Poor Relations (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
A big welcome to you two, and hope to see you again at one of our meets!!

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
all about the Poor Relations

Hi all

for those of you that have not met us, we are Paul, Debbie and Matthew (age nearly 4)

We met a few of you at Virginia Lakes (15&16 Sept)

We do not own an RV I am afraid, although Geo and Kands tried really hard to sell us theirs this weekend ::bigsmile:

We however do own a folding camper with a loo and fridge and all the mod cons, we are new to camping and got our camper 3 weekends ago and have been camping every weekend since.

This weekend was the best weekend so far, it was great to meet such a great bunch of people that welcomed us into their group, and not only did we get to look inside some fantastic motorhomes/RV's everyone came looked at our modest camper too, we were so chuffed. Conversations were great, from bodily functions, who has died recently and how far you can shoot poo with a macerator (spelt)

Even Paul pulled, ok so it was a dog called sukie (not sure of spelling, belonged to thefman) but she loved him anyway, actually not sure Paul was that special she seemed to love anyone that would show her any attention. Matthew (our son) made great freinds with Ray and Vicky's 3 children and it was lovely to see him being looked after so well.

A little bit about us, we live near Ely, I work part time in an office, and Paul works as an IT recruitment consultant. Matthew is just Matthew, a boisterous nearly 4 year old that thinks camping is great fun.

Well that is all about us really, looking forward to meeting up again with the people we have met so far, and hopefully meet more of you all real soon

Paul, Deb and M

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hellooooo!!!

hi welcome the forum ::bigsmile: paul and debbie thanks for the weekend and being so friendly the kids all say HELLO:shout:, although even Amys who is a bit poorly on the sofa!! have a look round and see what you think the sites only been going a few weeks with more to be added :thumb: Welcome to the fastest free forum on the net!!

plug:roflmto:

Ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
thanks

We thought it was a fantastic weekend, always hate it when it is home time though

it was nice to meet a great bunch of people that made us feel so welcome, just makes it twice as hard to go back home to normal home life and work

Tell Vicky we won't tell everyone what we saw in her bathroom on our tour of your motorhome :winky:

actually I never saw a thing, but she will know what I mean :Blush:

have been nosing around the site, looks great, will take me a while to work it all out but I am sure I will get there in the end

Deb from The PR's

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the site. Have you thought about this one? Hollyfast Meet, Coventry Nov 16/18 ::bigsmile:

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
hi ksebruce

as we are in a folding camper we will not be going to many meets in the colder months, with a canvas roof we are a little limited and not that brave, but we will make as many meets as we can, I am sure that next year we will be turning up all over the place to pitch ourselves on the end of you big guys, you can give us a bit of shelter ::bigsmile:

The PR's

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Know what you mean. We used to camp in a Savannah 6 tent, last run out in it was Rivendale it poured for 4 solid days and was cold as it was the back end. In saying that if you have hook up we used a 1kw fan heater and it's surprising the difference that made. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• DSC00159.jpg
    DSC00159.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
thanks Ksebruce

We don't mind the cold, going to get a little panel heater, we always have electric hook-up as we have all the mod cons of toilet, cooker, fridge etc

it is just packing the camper away in the wet makes it a nightmare when we get it home on our small drive, trying to open it (20ft) on the hillside drive to dry out is a thought I do not relish, it is hard enough pushing the thing (weighing a round tonne) up the drive, as you can't reverse it, something to do with the break system, (don't ask me only a woman, don't to technical) starting to see the advantages of a Motorhome already ::bigsmile: but as we have only had this folding camper 3 weeks then best we stick to this for a while at least.

Think we should park under Rockie RV's, or Geos awning next time I am sure we would fit under there nicely ::bigsmile:

Debbie, the PR's

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Yep, we had a full sized loft room we used to dry ours in. You are right though it's a real pain. (Photo edited in to my last post) ::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
A very warm welcome to MHfun to the PRs glad you found us, it makes for a great weekend when we come back with more Friends than we set out with, don't forget Debbie due to the humongous size of your trailer tent you have been granted Honorary RV status, and should say so in your signature when you get round to putting it on, glad you had a good time
Geo

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Welcome from us - sorry we missed you.

Take no notice of Keith and Geo - it's their mission to increase the number of RVs on the road - and they're both damn good salesmen :Cool:

We're still in a motorhome (not quite converted to buying an RV - yet), and loving it to bits, and don't forget - size doesn't matter...............:winky:

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
hi Blondi

Have to say the sales pitch was good, but we will stick with our Folding Camper Mansion for now, would have to decrease our 170k mortgage a tad before we could get into the motorhome/RV realms

but hey we have honorary RV status now ::bigsmile:

Thanks GEO

keeping fingers crossed that doesn't rain on the 29th!!!!!!!! may have to turn up in our car and sleep in your ranch :ROFLMAO:

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
hi prs great to meet you and yes suki is a bit of a hussy:roflmto:

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
I was wondering how you spelt her name :Smile:

Thanks for the tour of your new....what do you call your second home? RV motorhome....... I am yet to understand the lingo

your partner was so welcoming showing us around, (sorry have no idea what her name is, how rude of me) no wonder she is so proud, it is wonderful, love all the gadgets, had to laugh when she pressed the button for the outside step and it went in just as my son went to step on it to come in, you should have seen his face!!!!!

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Guys....we haven't met yet but a BIG welcome to the madhouse. Looks like you are slotting in nicely.....hope you'll stick around! :thumb: :thumb:

Never mind Geo, he wants you to buy his RV so he can buy mine! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
thanks IC1962

1962 - would that be the year you was born??????? or just wish it was???

oh well, here goes, going to offend on my first day

Deb (the PR's)

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
thanks IC1962

Deb (the PR's)

Cough splutter - 1962 was an awsome year for babies.....
it was also the year that the contraceptive pill was discovered - although my Mum didn't know about it :winky:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Debbie, Paul and Mathew.
It was really fun to meet up with you all and as said it is terrific when you meet new people ::bigsmile:
I loved your trailer tent, it was collossal inside but I do know what you mean about putting it away wet :Sad: So you will soon be trawling through the ads looking for a van then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Welcome to our site, feel free to post when you want to and we all look forward to seeing you at the next meet, I believe it is Mathews birthday as well as the official Birthday for Motorhome Fun, should be a weekend to remember ::bigsmile:
See you all soon

Keith

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
:roflmto:

me, I was a decimal baby 1971 and to top it all I was born on April fool's day

Apparently according to my mother a joke that lasted 36 years too long!!!!!!!!:cry:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
thanks IC1962

Deb (the PR's)

All will be revealed wen we meet at Bosworth :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back