Welcome 72 owners (1 Viewer)

Baldy54

Free Member
Jan 27, 2018
Funster No
Hi All,
Newbies here. We are seriously considering buying a used Welcome 72, but time to travel and physically view is quite restricted at the mo, so we have a few queries:
1. I can only see mention of one leisure battery under the passenger seat. Is there physical capacity for an additional leisure battery to be fitted?
2. How many/what size gas bottles can be fitted?
3. Will the garage take assembled adult pushbikes or just the folding types?

Thanks in advance for any (constructive :) advice)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
:welco:Sorry I can't help but hopefully someone will be along who can (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hello and welcome! :D

I can’t help with your questions but am sure someone will be able to.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Don' have your model.. mine is a 620 welcome... on a Ford base..
But yes it' possible to fit a second leisure battery under the passenger seat plinth...
The gas lockers only take one cylinder... the best option would be a refillble cylinder or do away with the gas locker and fit an underslung tank... that was my preference...
I'm Not sure about the garage arrangeents on that model... the 620 garage will take two bikes easily... but seem to remember the bed limits the headroom on that model...
Andy.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Don't know that model we have had 2 chaussons both had one gas bottle not a problem as the heating is diesel so a bottle lasts 4 weeks at least without hook up. We have fitted a 11kg refillable the best thing we did means you can refill from part empty. There is room for a second battery but as we tend to only stop for one or at the most 2 nights before moving on have never got low so haven't bothered same with solar I keep saying we ought to get a panel wife says as we never get near running out of battery forget it!

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Hello and welcome.There is a Chausson owners group on facebook ,we are now 1000 members .I am sure there will be a few on there who have the model you are looking at ?

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Evening Baldy,
We have the Welcome 72, only space for the one gas bottle 11kg which we have replaced with a refillable. On the bikes fitting in the garage, whilst it’s a large garage you’ll struggle getting an adult bike assembled through the aperture, it’s 3ft x 2ft btw. If you have quick release wheel spindles it’s not a lot of hassle to remove wheels and it will go in fine.
Overall it’s a cracking van and very happy with Chausson quality. Having it for just over a year now, the only negative we have is the tambour door into the shower room which can be a pain sliding to open/close.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
B

Baldy54

Free Member
Jan 27, 2018
Funster No
Thanks Jim, that's good to know. I have quick release wheels and my wife has a foldable, so its looking good. Hope to get out early next week to physically look at one. Just raised how easy its going to be finding a doormat with model name on it :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back