Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Any one else got one?
I am very pleased with it, a few problems getting sorted under warranty.

Roll om next year when we will put many more miles on it.

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Hi Clive just wondering how you have gone on with your Weinsburg as we bought a 2008 model Imperiale
year ?
We love ours but have had our fair share of problems.
uDpkaOtYSpauH57pqr%2Bg.jpg
in July this

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Well yes a few problems, the major one the Truma heater/water heater needs to be replaced, it is covered by the no quibble sales agreement. Mine has a an extention to the dinette table that is lever operated, this was fixed by a blob of weld, I'm missing the towing eye again covered, the elbow on the grey water drain is missing first drain went up my arm this also covered, and it only came with one set of keys. Previous owner found them and I now have them.
Driving no problems although not sure what the sixth gear is for as speed and revs barely differ from 5th.
My biggest gripe are the door mirrors, they are just pants and along with the blinds sitting right in the line of sight!
Interior the underneath of seating and mattress all need repair, this is not covered. The cabin door needs to be slammed I'll adjust that myself in the warmer months.
weinsberg-imperiale-side-1.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
I agree with you about the mirrors, as i am quite tall I drive with the seat all the way back and can only see the blinds. I am now used to having to put my head forward then back to look at what in effect is a split mirror. We have had problems with the Truma heater as it would not run on electric so that was fixed under warranty as was the fridge when the door fell off going through France. They tried to tell me I had put to much milk and cheese in the door compartments (One block of cheese and a 4 pinter of milk) I think not. We now have a new door. Lastley we had problems with the on board battery charger not working but since I found a dry joint it seems ok ( But I think i will pay and have a new more modern one installed next year) Got to admit I love it though. This is the interior on ours (I believe they are all a bit different ?)
fullsizeoutput_1896.jpeg
0jEu5EBgTJmR59SJZtM4Dg.jpg

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Yes very different, a motorhome of 2 parts, front with table up feels cramped down spacious, the rear is two single beds that can be made into one huge bed, oddly one is slightly longer than the other. We prefer the 2 singles which are very comfy.
weinsberg-imperiale-dinette.jpg
weinsberg-beds.jpg

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Do you have any drawers ? It seems that Weinsberg weren't keen on fitting them. The only drawer we have is the cutlery drawer . Lol

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
only one set of drawers? if you turn them inside out you can make them last longer than just one day ….:xrofl:

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Not even a pair :oops:

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
It's going in Thursday for a heater/water heater replacement. They know what is wrong but can't find a serial number so replace the lot, no problem they will recover the cost under the warranty policy and have their own repairs facility. Just the towing eye to be supplied and we have something we can use again.

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
£14 in bus fares for me, the rest is on them. I've looked online and it is around £600-£900 for the unit, depending on a like for like if available or a later one, plus the fitting, not a big job just access is tight guess it was fitted before the internal was fitted out.
All fitted today can't get to collect it until Monday, bus does not run at weekends, and no lift available.

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
All fitted and working fine and oh so quiet compared to previous ones. I now have a Combi (E) and a CP plus control panel. The supplied cable was not long enough to reach over the door where the now defunct temperature control still sits, so they have placed it in the end panel of one of the beds where the fuel selector was. Not a great problem as the panel is easy to read and operate. Also fitted a new flue
I saw their invoice £1,267.00 ex vat including postage.

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Well I go to the foot of my stairs, wife wanted the carpets out to clean and forgetting I'd used carpet tape I pulled the small bit on the step that is fitted between the twin beds, and the floor came with it. Treasure all the paperwork for the MH! I guess it can be used as a strong box thingy, took me over a year to find it, just needs a lock fitting, job for over the winter.

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Yes Clive i think we may have time on our hands over the winter !
Good luck and stay safe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back