Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Ops!

On to local dealer to see if spares are available and what price, otherwise I'll glass fibre it.
IMG_20210926_122052.jpg

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
£550 plus shipping from Knaus. I'm having a go at glass fibre over the winter should save a fortune. Good to know that there is one available should I need it.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Great job and very satisfying to know you can do such a good repair and save a whole wedge of cash for more important things like more travels (y)

Well done

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Thank you.
You should see the other side! I think the semi lock down had a big hand in it and the oil filled radiator in the garage, crate of beer and good tunes on a memory stick. Push bike saddle was a great help as a last in rubbing down.

BiggiB

Free Member
Mar 1, 2022
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Hi there I have a Weinsberg Imperiale and have done the same with my bumper / trim at the back. It looks exactly the same as yours could you advise how you removed the part? Thanks

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
It hooks over a bar on the back at the high part of the corner. Before you try lifting it you have to remove all the lights on that corner and get underneath and chisel off 10 or so heat welds with the central part. Refitting I used Sikaflex. Mine had a previous repair and it was held at the side by a screw behind the marker light and into the base of the garage so I don't know how it is fixed there but guess it hooks over a similar bar to the top. Best of luck,

BiggiB

Free Member
Mar 1, 2022
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Hi
I managed to reverse the van overhang on some grass and it caught when pulling away and pulled part of the bumper off. It’s not really broken to be fair but I wanted to take it off and refasten more securely. Thanks for your help do you still have the same van?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back