Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Abend meine fruende

Ich möchte den Weihnachtsmarkt in Köln besuchen.

And that's the best I can do... so what I really want to know is where to park/camp.. I always find the german sites harder than the french because there doesn't seem to be a simple way to distinguish and Aire type stopover from a full on camp site.. so for Koln I am thinking this one is right for me..

http://www.reisemobilhafen-koeln.de/

any other suggestions..

PS - heading out this Thursday arriving Friday lunchtime I expect after a night in a suitable eiffel mountains layby.. anyone know if there's snow there yet?

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We have used that one in Cologne. Easy cycle ride along the river into the centre of town.

Recommend the cable car/zoo which is close to there and the Lindt museum.

It may be busy with the Christmas markets but you can book a portion of the Aire online with the rest first come first served.

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
We have used that one in Cologne. Easy cycle ride along the river into the centre of town.

Recommend the cable car/zoo which is close to there and the Lindt museum.

It may be busy with the Christmas markets but you can book a portion of the Aire online with the rest first come first served.
Thanks @orridge - the cable car looks like it's shut but I guess that's OK.. in terms of booking, they have 60 spaces but only book 15 - and they are already fully booked.. I guess it would be chancing it and if they are full head off somewhere else.. maybe here... Broken Link Removed

good to hear it is a good site anyway..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Well I think it is nice to come back to a post like this and update potential readers...

So Thursday night we finished work and loaded the van... New battery arrived but not fitted yet and turned the key.. immobilizer light flashed.. turns over won't start.. long story short emergency locksmith and long wait.. Eventually got van started just after midnight. Changed tunnel booking to 6am and off we went. Skipped the most untains and the snow and headed straight to Cologne. Few rest stops and we arrived about 13:00 Friday.. New battery we fitted waiting for the train so filled the water and settled in for a snooze. Headed off about 5pm for the first market.. Today have done 3 more and we are exhausted. Unsure whether to visit the other 3 here tomorrow or head to Gravelines

The site is just right. There is hookup although we havent hooked up and there is a service point for 1 Euro. A short walk to a tram station or a long walk along the Rheine and you are right in the heart of Cologne which by the way is a fabulous city.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back