Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi, Just an update and some feedback on my up-rating from 3500kg to 3850kg.

I contacted JR Consulting in the first instance both by telephone and eamail. I found the response times very slow. Frustratingly, days would pass between enquiries of clarification.

After contacting Sv-Tech, they were on my case straight away. I email-ed John at JR Consulting asking him not to proceed with any input to my enquiries (not that I had given him the go-ahead at this time). I had quite a rude reply from him, which I consider unprofessional.

Sv-Tech took 1 week to return all the documentation. I sent everything to DVLA, with a covering letter requesting the changes, including the infamous "Maximum Permissible Mass" change and in two weeks, the DVLA "Vehicle Check" website was updated to show the new Revenue Weight and 3 days later, the correctly updated V5 arrived in the post.

Happy bunny! Many thanks for all the advice, could not have done it without you all.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
I contacted J R consulting by email on a Monday received a reply with with the details they wanted Tuesday sent them that day, received a invoice on the Thursday transferred the money by bank transfer that day, and received the certificate and documentation on the Saturday.
So no complaints form me.

OP
OP
Dare_Devil_Dennis

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm really glad to hear this.

Maybe JRC was just too busy at the time and I acknowledge that it may have been a one-off. For me, however, it was 100% of my experience.

Anyone providing paid services (or goods) does well to remember that returning business is the easiest and cheapest to acquire and nothing kills this more effectively than being tardy and discourteous. I wish them well, but will not use them if I need to downgrade my MH eventually.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I got mine done by JR ,but it required a follow up prompt. I think it is not a THEM but a HIM, one man bad.
I also feel from speaking to him that he is rather older than most probably a retired engineer form another maker or the like, who make a bit on the side to keep the wolves way from the door. He operates from two addresses one in Essex the other on North Wales. But his is a lot cheaper than SV tech. Mine was a purely paper exercise as Mercedes list the new weight as an option when ordering from Hymer. I do not know why they bother with the 3880kg option as it is better to go for either the 3500kgs licence option or the 4200kg maximum, load it up to the brim option.

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Well I finally received my uprating docs from JR this week. It has only taken 5 months to print 3 bits of paper, after the most ridiculous catalogue of errors and unacceptable delays.

Firstly he misunderstood my instructions (and again several times subsequently) to do a simple weight summation (no modifications), then he claimed not to receive emails, misplaced documents, forgot about them, blamed his clerk, was too busy to reply to emails, printed the wrong random weights, changed my registration number, missed out numbers in my VIN, sent more documents unsigned or undated, with further errors ...... all with massive delays between emails and phone calls, no apologies or explanations.

An episode of Fawlty Towers would have contained less mistakes (and more laughs) - all to alter one number on the V5 ! Fair enough it was half the price of SV Tech, so £150 for what should have been no more than 20 minutes work, but definitely not worth the hassle. I couldn't recommend him in good conscience even if someone was happy to wait 5 months for the cheaper price.

Now I expect more grey hairs sending everything to DVLA with only 6 weeks before travelling around Europe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back