Weight Loss: While Encouraging Others (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
For a couple of years now we have had a successful Diet-Weight Loss thread running. And I thought it would be something I'd like to develop into something much better. I got together with and American Forum owner friend and over a year we've paid a developer to bake us a weight loss module right into the forum. We are testing it now and it's working fine. This is version 1 and we have a fair bit of functionality to add.

Here is how it works

You log into the module and choose Participate.

1614810083205.png

You get the opportunity to tell us about you. (You do have the option to keep everything private.)

You can set goals, weigh in as much as you like in Stones or KG. You can make comments with each weigh in. And you also have a journal you can use daily, weekly monthly, whenever. This could be a food journal, diary, mood tracker, anything you like. You can share this all with the weight tracker group. (it's not public)

If you are a bit shy and don't want peole to know your starting weight, we can accommodate that too,but people will still be able to see your losses or gains for that all important support.

I am hoping that this will turn into a valuable weight loss community and regular semi public weigh-ins along with the famous funster support and encouragment might help some Funsters to reach or maintain healthy weights.

No read only participants, you must regularly weigh in yourself. If you would like to take part and be able to access this module please let me know in this thread or message me privatley. Thanks. You must be a subscriber to take part.

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Im on it asap ,can i put hubby on it too ?we started on tuesday doin a low carb diet
and its taken us a day to get 4 days of menus together , as its more effort than just having a slice of toast with lotsa butter.... husband had phone call off doc on monday his sugars are out of control and hes heading for poisoning of organs and serious problems (hes been type 2 twenty years but has got lazy about his diet this past year , he was told in the autumn but never told me, but doc phoned on my phone and i put it on speaker and handed it to hubby, so i heard , his blood test was for an operation ,which he cant have as doctor said no surgeon would operate at moment , hes got three months before next blood test šŸ‘šŸ¤ž

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I've put on a lot of weight during the lockdown. I used to be able to control my weight fairly easily but since I became a woman of a certain age it is much more difficult. Its not helped by having a husband who isn't overweight, likes his food and thinks dieting is mad. Also I am burying my head a bit and just don't want to step on the scales and find out what the damage is. So I am cautiously in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Janet and John went on the wagon on March 1st: we will see how that goes first...šŸ˜‡

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ok there are a few of you able to access it now. Register, introduce your self and add a weigh in. You can weigh in whenever and as often as you like, but it might be a good idea to have a weigh in day, say every Monday. Its up to you (y)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What a good idea - count me in (y)
I'm mostly maintaining now (its a bit up and down) but keeping it off is almost as much as a challenge as losing it in the first place!

You're in. Look for the menu Item called "Weight Loss Tracker" in the menu above.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
So having got us baking this time last year ........ now we have to work it all off! :Smile:
Broken Link Removed
Can we join in by size rather than weight i.e. waist size and lose centimetres and inches? I donā€™t possess any scales except the baking ones!

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Me too please! If I put any more weight on I wonā€™t get in the van door! I blame lockdown! šŸ˜‚

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi Jim
TinaL thinks its a great idea, can you put her in the club please. :giggle:
I will be giving encouragement and support when necessary.:whistle2:
Many Thanks.
LES

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
If you haven't joined up yet, then its Pizza's, Curries, Fish & Chips nite tonight! (y) :giggle:
LES

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back