weight alteration for LEZ (downgrading to 3.5t) (1 Viewer)

ENJOYLIFE

Free Member
Jul 1, 2021
London, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Hi there,
I just joined now and maybe have to find my way around here :)
Maybe my question is already answered.
I have a motorhome (Rimor Katamarano 9) that is registered as 3.995t
(Exact same models are registered as 3.5t)
Now I am trying to downsize it but am very confused. After calling DVLA and DVSA I am none the wiser. I think I got as many answers as calls I made and none seemed to be helpful.
Has anybody downsized their motorhome and can assist me? Dont want to pay a £100,- daily fee for driving in Greater London.
Do I have to fill out the VTG10 and is that all? And is there a place where I can get help how to fill it out if that is what I have to do?

Thank you so much for all your help
Erich

OP
OP
E

ENJOYLIFE

Free Member
Jul 1, 2021
London, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Great, tank you for sharing this.
Reading my post back it doesn't really make sense, I think most of my posts are the same :)

When we sold our Adria the new owner didn't have the C1 so needed it downrated, I contacted DVLA and all I had to do was provide a ticket with the unladen weight on it. Once I done this the new owner just changed the weight when applying for the tax, this was 5 years ago so may have changed.
Do you remember what the weight was? Went to the weigh bridge today and it is 2900kg. Should that be ok?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

ENJOYLIFE

Free Member
Jul 1, 2021
London, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Our van was plated at 3850kg and Van Weight Engineering did the paperwork to get it downplated to 3500kg. They just needed a copy of the V5 and they then sent me some simple forms to fill out. It was straightforward and cost £120. If I wanted to re-plate it to 3850kg at some time in the future they could sort it at a reduced cost.
Do you remember what the weight of your motorhome was? Went to the weigh bridge today and it is 2900kg. Should that be ok?

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
£100 A day, to go into London :Eeek: wouldn't want to go there if they paid me £100.

Upvote 0
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Didn't need to weigh it. You just have to remember to keep it below the new plated weight when in use.
Just so that you aware, before the down plating the permissible axle loads were 2000kg rear, 1850kg front. After down plating they were still 2000kg rear and 1850kg front but now I can't have them both loaded to their maximum at the same time. I can have any combination of loads within their permitted max but keeping within 3500kg total.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back