Weight again. (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I doubt it. If your max weight is 3500kg, 10% leeway would allow you up to 3850kg. If you're plated at 3850kg, 10% would let you drive at 4,235kg. And so on. Nobody would have a problem.
It is likely there is some leeway, but not that much, and it may vary from one country to another. Best to get it right I think.

Yes it is a fixed penalty.

GRADUATION OF FIXED PENALTY NOTICES
£100 FP -- 5% to 10% or over 1 tonne on axle, gross or train if less than 5%
£200 FP -- Over 10% and up to 15%
£300 FP -- Over 15% and up to 30%
Prosecute over 30% or over 5 tonnes on axle, gross or train if under 30%

NON COMMERCIAL DRIVERS
In genuine cases of ignorance e.g. moving house, and where the offence is unlikely to be
repeated, a prohibition should be issued and an overloading guidance leaflet handed to
the driver. To take into account the Public Interest Test no Fixed Penalty Notice should
be issued in these circumstances.

I doubt they're stupid enough to not take account of the passengers weight whether in the van or out
They can't "add on" arbitrary weights. It has to be in/on the vehicle when weighed.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I told mine that if we are stopped for a weigh check to get out(for a better phone signal ) and wander off up the road a bit. I get weighed and pick her up on the way out, She is not at all heavy but it might be close enough to be needed.
They are not commercial load carriers so there might actually be sod all you can do if it that heavy anyway. It makes me wonder what the load capacity of the same vehicle as a box van for goods is. Why the weight is there no lighter materials they can use to make them other than chipboard mud and twigs and why a floor of 30mm plywood when a van is half that for a load going on it.
Most of that 30mm is foam insulation.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I doubt they're stupid enough to not take account of the passengers weight whether in the van or out
If you were classed as overweight it would be interesting to hear what weight they have 'estimated' the passengers' weights as ... especially your wife ... the officers MIGHT need to be protected!!! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
They can't "add on" arbitrary weights. It has to be in/on the vehicle when weighed.
So you don't think they would insist she gets back on board? If it comes up overweight it matters not anyway as someone will be walking :LOL:

Oi ! get back here fatty :eek:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back