Weighbridge Shock (1 Viewer)

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
I found this link in another forum thread ages ago and it does have some, but not all weighbridges.

Link Removed

Rasmus

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
movan its not silly to ask. put lots of things in you may take away with you allow a couple of hundred kg for extra passengers etc. your trailer may add 100 kg. .visit a weigh bridge and if you have trouble working things out ask us again. or give a ring.
cheers alan.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
:Sad::Sad::Sad::cry:OK OK OK. Dumb blonde questions coming up.

HOW do you know what your vehicle is supposed to weigh when you have all your clothes and shoes in itetc.

And before you weigh it, I presume you put food in the fridge, water in the tank and fill it with deisel????

Do you sit in it why it is being weighed?

Does towing a bike on a trailer on the back, add to the gross vehicle weight or is this added weight something different?

Where do I go please to be weighed?

Thank you in advance to anybody who answers without making me feel like an idiot:Doh::Doh::Doh::thumb:

I will be taking some weighing equipment to the bring and buy.
See you there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wheelie

Free Member
Sep 26, 2009
Whitehill Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
2nd year
Hi
I weighed my 5er the other week and was gob smacked at the weight of it, I emptied out everything except for the batteries, gas bottles and matress. the plated weight of the 5er is 2360 kg dry, when i weighed it with the above in it weighed in at 2860 kg plus 2500 for the truck so total i weigh in at nearly 5400 kg, my gross train weight is 5810 kg so not a lot of room for extras. will have to have it re plated i guess, another 300 quid to be spent

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
wheelie ,you should have got a canter .train weight 9,600kg. as standard. truck only weighs 2,800 unladen.good for the odd casrtonof wine on the way homefrom spain. ha ha cheers alan.

Wheelie

Free Member
Sep 26, 2009
Whitehill Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
2nd year
wheelie ,you should have got a canter .train weight 9,600kg. as standard. truck only weighs 2,800 unladen.good for the odd casrtonof wine on the way homefrom spain. ha ha cheers alan.
Its not me Alan, i like comfy, im not like you a rough tough trucker, im a pussy construction worker i drive a vw transporter all day every day and its not a patch on the navara, if it becomes to much of a problem i might consider a yank beast
but until then ill stick with the navara thanks all the same :Smile::Smile::Smile: Plus i dont drink so having all that extra weight spare would go to waste, unless i can lay my hands on the odd gold bullion bar

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
must say iv,e driven many vw,s but the canter is ok. 7 seater a well and possibly not as big as the navarro.certainly alot smaller than ian h ,s yank pickup.
never mind good job we all like different things.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Joy, its easy::bigsmile:

Maximum Vehicle Weight, Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), and Maximum Technically Permissible Laden Mass (MTPLM) refer to the legal maximum loaded weight including all occupants of a motorhome. The MTPLM should not be confused with the Gross Train Weight (GTW) This a higher figure that giving the maximum combined weight of the motorhome when towing a trailer.

Payload refers to the weight difference between an empty motorhome as calculated by manufacturers and fully loaded to its specified MTPLM. Unfortunately this is not as straightforward as it seems because motorhome manufacturers include or exclude different items into the weight that is known as Mass In Running Order (MIRO), some manufacturers give the payload after they have taken account of a 70kg driver and a full fresh water tank; others, use different parameters when calculating the essential habitation equipment such as water and gas

When it comes to MIRO Mass In Running Order. Hopefully in July 2011 all the manufacturers will be singing from the same hymn sheet as they will all use the same calculations for MIRO. MIRO refers to the entire manufactured weight of a motorhome including 'essential habitation equipment '. Currently each manufacturer interprets these weights differently. Therefore motorhomes bought before this harmonization may have different MIRO and payload calculations. One manufacturer might tell you that you have a 500kg payload but doesn't tell you that this does not include the driver, water or any gas. Another might offer a paltry 250kg payload, but this is on top of driver and full tanks etc. Get it? ::bigsmile: Hope so::bigsmile:

:Sad::Sad::Sad::cry:OK OK OK. Dumb blonde questions coming up.

HOW do you know what your vehicle is supposed to weigh when you have all your clothes and shoes in itetc.

And before you weigh it, I presume you put food in the fridge, water in the tank and fill it with deisel????

Do you sit in it why it is being weighed?

Does towing a bike on a trailer on the back, add to the gross vehicle weight or is this added weight something different?

Where do I go please to be weighed?

Thank you in advance to anybody who answers without making me feel like an idiot:Doh::Doh::Doh::thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I too have had my Van up plated from 3500 to 4250.

however remember the following,

1) You still need to stay with in your axle weights.

2) VOSA Know that many of us are ignorant. If you enter Wales through the M56 expect them to say "hello can I weigh you" (especially if your flying your footie flag)

3) expect the ports of Cherbourg and Caen to have jobsworth people awaiting you with a set of mobile scales, then expect to pay hideous amounts of money to get them to look after you.

It aint about safety all the time, its about giving the opposition ammunition.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back