weighbridge - it seemed like a good idea (2 Viewers)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
I am away now on a really slow internet connection, but something isn't right with your numbers, the maximum permissible per axle adds up to much less than you think as a total??

Our actual maximum gross was less that the added values of both vehicles, I am worries=d you might have read max train weight (including a trailer) your gross weight must not exceed the axle limits

The permissible weights in my post are from the plate in the van.... The max train weight is stated as 6505kg.

Not sure why you think it is wrong?

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The permissible weights in my post are from the plate in the van.... The max train weight is stated as 6505kg.

Not sure why you think it is wrong?

Just been back and reread both my comment and your post and I have no idea now what I was on about

Not been drinking yet today, that might make the difference (y)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Just been back and reread both my comment and your post and I have no idea now what I was on about

Not been drinking yet today, that might make the difference (y)

A lesson to be learnt.... Don't wait too long before having a drink.... Mines a nice Rioja thanks! No probs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
always worth taking care that's why when we go motorhome it is exactly that it's a holiday on wheals minimal living
no hare dryers and all the things un nesecery not saying I haven run over weight but try not to
but water can be had at any garage and cemetery most churches
no nead to carry a full tank
I only have 3.3 tone and seem to manage
and it's the WIM system Wight in motion all ready being proven to be inaccurate and unreliable
along with a already over loaded ANPR system that spends more time not working than working
you could prity much drive around the country undetected at the moment ANPR is turning out to be a joke as it can be aces by so many privet company's it's it cant cope with the work load
bill
No change there then :):)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Do you know, I have never bothered to look at what comes up on the toll charges, I just put in my credit card, I will look out for it next time.
A valuable tip has been learned today! :D
At 4250kg I've never been charged Class 3 in France and last year I bought a tag (only allowed for class 1 & 2) and have had no issues.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Might be advisable to get it weighed to ensure you aren't over the new weight ?:LOL:
:) David was it a local weighbridge you used, or a friend of a friend? Looking for a local public weighbridge. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

friar tuck

Free Member
Nov 15, 2011
redruth cornwall
Funster No
MH
a class rv
Exp
im a newbie
I have just bought a 15 year old tag axle autotrail cheiftan,was today going to tax it when i read the new keepers slip(not got the log book yet) as plg yet the van weighs 4500k.This has been like this from new so i rang dvla to be told i cannot tax this online without sending in an application for a new logbook.it could take upto 2 weeks,im booked in in ten days time on a site for a weekend with my wife and grandson,i feel like going anyway even if i havnt received my logbook back or notification im taxed.really cheesed off 15 years its been like this!!
once changed to private hgv is the mot different?do i have to use a hgv test station.many thanks

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
:) David was it a local weighbridge you used, or a friend of a friend? Looking for a local public weighbridge. :rolleyes:

It was a company in Staveley that we do work for, just done as a favour

I did use one down in Renishaw once when we had an issue with a caravan weight, but I will be looking for a flat VOSA style weight bridge, or at least one without a ramp on and off

But one thing I had not realised or thought about was due to the design with a fairly steep ramp on and off the only correct weigh was the total while wholly on top, with the slope some of the weight is transferred back and forward according to position, born out by the results which weigh less if you total both axles

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Just a shout out for the weighbridge at warth industrial park , Bury , Lancashire BL9 9NB .
You speak to the security guard and he tells you what to do . He was very pleasant to deal with .
The van was full of water , gas , 3/4 diesel . wife and dog on board . 3 leisure batteries , solar panel , snipe aerial , garage full , 2 bikes ,BBQ , table , chairs , windbreaks , tools , 10 ltr. water , etc . 24kg of dog food to simulate weight of spare wheel in relevant position in van . total weight 3250kg !
Very pleased that we have so much spare capacity , probably get an awning next !.
p.s. front axle 1450kg ( 1850 Max )
Rear axle 1800kg ( 2000 Max )
It is £5 per weigh , so £10 if you weigh the lot and subtract one axle to give the remainder for the other . as it was my first time I weighed all 3 independently .

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
No comments please about how old this thread is, I'm just trying to keep the number of new threads down for @Jim ...

Just been & got weighed (fully laden, fuel, water) and we have 90 kg to play with! Yippee :)
We're obviously not trying hard enough... :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back