Weigh bridge: correct procedure (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Can anyone tell me what I need to weigh and what to do with the numbers ?

I assume front axle, rear axle and then whole van on bridge to generate 3 results ? or is it only the first 2 required ?

Also how far should the van be on the bridge whilst the non weighed axle remains off ?

We have a new weigh bridge in our village and I think for a bottle of wine I can get Mr Suisse weigh bridge fella to allow me on it.....

Deleted User
If the approach to the weighbridge is flat and he is not charging per weigh then all three to check, if paying per weigh then one axle and a total weight will suffice.

The important thing with weighing axles on plate weighbridges is for the vehicle to be level, try and get the axle onto the plate as far as possible.

Subtract one axle weight from the total will give you the other axle weight, there will more than likely be a small discrepancy between the sum of the 2 axle weights and the total weight if you do the 3 weighings, maybe 10/20 kilos.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yes it's very flat and there's plenty of space around as it's for weighing HGV's and farm vehicles. The going rate seems to be a bottle per visit so I'll aim for all 3 weights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back