weekend cut short water leak HELP needed Pontypridd/Aberdare area (1 Viewer)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
The saga of the leaky tap goes on well the tap is not longer leaking or the connectors where the tails are joined and not leaking, I was very pleased with myself even though the sink had not been fully sealed the van could be used . But now there is water pouring out over the grey waste tank and obviously not going into the tank.

I think I have managed to dislodge the pipe from the tank, this I am hoping is just a matter of pushing the pipe back on. However will it will need the tank to be taken off. A job I an convinced that I cannot do alone.

My plan this afternoon is to put the NS of the van on chocks thus lifting it up on the one side so that I can see the tank and if I can get in there not have to take the tank down stick my hand in and reconnect the pipe .

I am feeling a little pathetic at the moment as everything I seem to touch initially goes OK but then leads to another issues. I know that it is fixable but if anyone can recommend someone in my area who could help (a pit I think would make it easier) I would be ever so grateful. I have to work away on the 6th and was taking the van to go onto the Bath & West show. I also work through the week so time is limited.

I don't want to take it apart and render it useless at the moment I can use it as long I I don't wash
1630323496621.png

I have been ripped off in the past by going to a so called 'expert' and it left me very distrustful.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Ponty.

Can you get a mobile caravan mechanic round to sort?

Or a van converters? When (pre covid) I was there last I do remember a VW transporter garage with plenty of conversions on a corner of a main road, perhaps you could ask there?

Cheers James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
Try these in Caerphilly

Me and a mate use them and we've found them to be excellent. They have a mobile service as well.

Terry

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If it's running over the tank outside and no water is getting in the van you could get away with it while camping on a showground.
It doesn't sound like anything serious you have just dislodged a waste pipe when you had the sink out.
Often with underslung tanks it often means dropping the tank to sort these type of problems, not always but best to be prepared for the worst.

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
If it's running over the tank outside and no water is getting in the van you could get away with it while camping on a showground.
It doesn't sound like anything serious you have just dislodged a waste pipe when you had the sink out.
Often with underslung tanks it often means dropping the tank to sort these type of problems, not always but best to be prepared for the worst.
Thanks Lenny I thought I was doing so well following your advice but it looks like it is the seal to the taps but only when the pump is on so the jubilee clip may need moving

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I have never used them but they do a lot of business on the storage site that I use, 1,400+ units stored there.

They have a very good reputation.

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Try these in Caerphilly

Me and a mate use them and we've found them to be excellent. They have a mobile service as well.

Terry
THanks Terry it is not as bad as I thought I just nedd more knowledge and a bit of mucsle I think when I lturn the pump on it is pumping ou of the cold attachment . Because of the angle the van was on it was pouring over the tank hense my assumption that it was dislodged the anoying bit it I eft an cloth un

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
IT's fixed !!!!!!!!!!!:party::party::party:

Thanks to wonderful Funsters, turned out when I started a from start check the angle of the van made the water run over the tank it was going back the tail connection It looked fine until the pump was turned on and it would pump the water out and then it would run down the pipes
met AlunandFelicia and Alun kindly fixed it for me whilst Felicia and I had a chat and a cup of tea. Not only that he refitted the sink with its really silly fittings :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thank you to everyone who made suggestions and Lenny HB who told me about the washers and Alun for finishing off my poor attempts at DIY

The old girl needs a wash and she is ready to go again may even give the van a wash :unsure:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back