Free Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hants/Wilts border
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 fgj
Exp
Since 2016
We've just got back from our first full week away in Hilda and I've learned a lot.....
1. Layering is essential
2. A hairdryer is not
3. You can live in a small space with your husband and large dog and not fall out
4. Waving at other Motorhomers on the journey puts a big smile on your face
5. Other Motorhomers are full of useful advice (thank you Frank)
6. Simple living is incredibly relaxing

Can't wait for the next adventure IMG_0105.JPGIMG_0110.JPGIMG_0101.JPGIMG_0100.JPGIMG_0999.JPGIMG_0998.JPGIMG_0999.JPGIMG_0100.JPGIMG_0101.JPGIMG_0110.JPGIMG_0105.JPG

Paddyfrog

Free Member
Mar 25, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Oh you inspire me. We had planned our first week away, live in France, so quick dash further south, but not a very nice week's weather, so we'll wait a week or two. I hope I'll be able to match your checklist. Husband and two dogs..... but all of us love simple living, the goal is to totally relax and can't wait to see how it goes.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Haitchjay

Haitchjay

Free Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hants/Wilts border
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 fgj
Exp
Since 2016
Oh you inspire me. We had planned our first week away, live in France, so quick dash further south, but not a very nice week's weather, so we'll wait a week or two. I hope I'll be able to match your checklist. Husband and two dogs..... but all of us love simple living, the goal is to totally relax and can't wait to see how it goes.
We haven't been brave enough to venture over the water yet but it's definitely on the list now. I find it difficult to relax yet was fully chilled within a few hours...heaven.
Good luck with your trip, it sound idyllic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We haven't been brave enough to venture over the water yet but it's definitely on the list now. I find it difficult to relax yet was fully chilled within a few hours...heaven.
Good luck with your trip, it sound idyllic
You don't need to be brave, France is Motorhome heaven with Germany running a close second, so much easier than using a van in the UK.:D

Upvote 0

RickT

Free Member
Jan 17, 2017
Canterbury
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato McLouis
Exp
1 Year
We are all learning, all of the time, I was admiring your pictures and learned something, I have now ordered two small folding footstools they look perfect for full relaxation mode.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
A motor home is your home if its a weekend away long terming or full timing i reckon.
The amount of folks that have visited our home say they feel so chilled and relaxed .
Never had that when we lived inside bricks .
Just read my post Oh Please!.
Mental note to self do not sound like a drug dealer

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Haitchjay

Haitchjay

Free Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hants/Wilts border
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 fgj
Exp
Since 2016
We are all learning, all of the time, I was admiring your pictures and learned something, I have now ordered two small folding footstools they look perfect for full relaxation mode.
I can thoroughly recommend them Rick and with the tray to go on top to make them into small tables, there's somewhere to put the beer/wine too

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back