Website slow to load & other odd issues (1 Viewer)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Today, the website is very slow to load, when commanding the page to ''Mark Read '' or '' Ignore Forum '' etc what I can only describe as a fast moving orange progress bar swiftly tracks across the top of the page from left to right with an additional 3 flashing vertical '' bars '' on the right hand side ?

I also see an '' OOPS, somethings gone wrong '' pop up message. as far as I'm aware I've not changed any settings in my laptop.

All other websites I visit function normally & as I would expect.

May i kindly ask Jim or Gromett to investigate ? Is it my end ?

Thank you.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I've had the same sometimes. I've just put it down to a busy internet or website use but perhaps its something else. I just live with it until it settles down again. Oh yes, I use both Safari and Firefox; same happens on both browsers on BT Broadband.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MC 55 FUN

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Not noticed anything myself. What ISP are you both using MH 55 FUN and chaser ?

Thanks for your reply.

I'm with B.T. on superfast fibre, seems odd that every other webpage / site I visit is fine, even tapping the alerts icon brings up the issue & I'm constantly having to refresh the page, sometimes a white screen appears upon refreshing if that's any help ?

I've restarted my laptop twice with no positive effect if that's of any use to you as well ?

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
All is normal here (on the internet, at least)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for your reply.

I'm with B.T. on superfast fibre, seems odd that every other webpage / site I visit is fine, even tapping the alerts icon brings up the issue & I'm constantly having to refresh the page, sometimes a white screen appears upon refreshing if that's any help ?

I've restarted my laptop twice with no positive effect if that's of any use to you as well ?
Just checked the server logs and there are no errors at this end for your IP. There are also no errors in the logs suggesting any widespread issue sorry.

My guess is a temporary / transient routing error somewhere between you and the server. I have tested on 3 mobile and on a BT non fibre connection. I have also tested from a server in the U.S. and can't replicate your problem sorry.

OP
OP
MC 55 FUN

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
So probably a transient network issue then. (y)

I believe you because I honestly have no idea what you mean ( I'm fik ) :giggle:
I restarted the laptop, restarted the router, left it for 10 mins' & Bob was my uncle.
In any case, whatever the cause, Thank you for your rapid response (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back