Webesto Isotherm Rusty Fridge fitting (1 Viewer)

Jun 6, 2015
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Accordo105
Exp
Since 2007
I have a 2014 Auto-Trail V-Line 600, fitted with a Webesto/Isotherm (Model DR65)12v Compressor Fridge, purchased new, which is only used for 6 months of the year (Summer Vintage Rallies), and after each trip we unload, and wipe down the Fridge leaving the drawer open. Imagine my surprise to find the runners full of rust, and the springs falling to pieces!! (see photo's). On contact an approved parts supplier I was advised a replacement cost of £381 for the pair, being advised they are Stainless Steel (mine weren't - and fitted from new). On further inspection found they were manufactured by BLUM. On contacting their UK Technical Department I am advised they don't make Stainless Steel Runners!! They pointed me to a local BLUM suppliers (Kitchen Unit Cabinets have these runners), the obtain a replacement set for just £17.00, albeit mild steel/zinc coated, which my original one's appear to be anyway. I was advised by an Isotherm/Webesto parts supplier that with the stainless steel runners they will need to be removed after each session to prevent condensation, and of course rust setting in on the non s/s parts. Something I propose to do with the Steel/Zinc set. So saved myself £364, but still poor materials used from new

If you have one of these it may be worth checking the condition of the runners
20191120_120647.jpg

Attachments

• More Rust.jpg
    More Rust.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Runner Location.jpg
    Runner Location.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 20
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Stainless steel drawer runners are available. You will probably need to make new holes to fit them, and fill the old holes with sealant.
Was about to suggest the same. Kitchen fittings are designed for pre-drilled cabinets so there's a good chance replacement stainless runners would have holes in the correct places. Blum may have matching stainless ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back