weber q2200 (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2016
pembrokshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
hi we have no oven in mh does any funster have any knowledge of using this bbq as a oven iv spoke to weber they say you can use but need ex try on griddles any help please weber q2200 on gas

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Any bbq with a lid can be used as an oven but you need to carefully regulate temperature and use the indirect cooking method so the food is not over the coals . We use a Webber charcoal which is very good and I have seen the Q models which are sturdy well made units I doubt you would be dissatisfied. I imagine you can arrange the interior of the Q so you can cook indirect by positioning griddles to stop too much heat under the food. Perhaps you could obtain a solid griddle shaped piece of steel to achieve that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P
Nov 6, 2016
pembrokshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
thanks for reply yes you can get a defuser to put on bottom but as i cant see one where in Pembrokeshire west wales has any one used it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have a Q200 at home and it is a great BBQ. It can be used as an oven with care. Turn it right down to lowest setting when roasting. We have roasted whole chicken, pork and ribs on it. Also roasted veg is good to. We have even done a pizza.

We tried taking the Q200 with us in the moho but it was a bit too big and heavy when only cooking for two. So we now use a Q1200 which is smaller.

We have a spare Q200 where the paint peeled off the aluminium body. Still works well though and I was going to advertise it in the spring on eBay

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
These are great bits of kit. We call ours our “Alfresco Cooker”.

We grill, we BBQ, we use as an oven and a hob

Mar 21, 2017
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I indirect roast on a small Q that I've had for about 15yrs, I don't remember the number. You need a Rack and a Shield Weber do a small and large version of both to fit all current Q's.

For a cheaper DIY job you could make the shield from tin foil, find a suitable rack and stand it on four crumpled foil balls.

After using a DIY version for years I recently splashed out on the small Weber rack and shields that fit my BBQ. I preheat the grill on low rather than high, you don't want the grill to hot. the foil shield does exactly that, deflects the heat and the rack lifts it and further reduces the heat getting to the meat. I tend to roast ribs, joints and chicken low and slow, sometime adding wood chips for a smoky flavour, and a get very good succulent results.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P
Nov 6, 2016
pembrokshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
thanks all for replieys now ordered q2200 with shield and cleaning kit £262 incl delivery we have hymer star-line 680 so plenty room thanks all again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back