Weber 1200 ... is it too big? (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Looking for a bbq for 3 adults to carry in our hopefully imminent Campscout. Wondering what people carry? We won’t have an external gas point, at least not initially. I have a fondness for Webers but a suspicion there might not be enough space in the van.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Practicality rules! It could be a choice between the BBQ or your partner. If the food is really good ........

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Yup, it’s nuts! But the portable Weber is nice and easy to stow in the garage. We carried one in our GlobeScout

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Looking for a bbq for 3 adults to carry in our hopefully imminent Campscout. Wondering what people carry? We won’t have an external gas point, at least not initially. I have a fondness for Webers but a suspicion there might not be enough space in the van.
....it is written in law that man cannot have a BBQ that is too big. Seriously, I was surprised at how much room the cadac takes up so the Weber might be a pleasant surprise. Good idea to get an external gas point as it is so convenient

Reactions: DBK

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Weber Q1200 is an awkward shape and size to store.. I partly overcome this by simply removing the lid.. just two clips and hinge pins.. this reduces the overall height considerably..

Measure your available space and if it's still too big consider buying the Weber Go-Anywhere gas model.. almost as big a cooking area but an easier shape to pack or store

If you need the actual sizes just ask , I'll measure mine

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Seriously one of the best BBQs I ever encountered, in Hungary, involved two bits of rock with a wire mesh over them. Some dry sticks and a fire in the centre. When the fire went out, some slabs of meat were placed on the wire mesh over the hot wood embers.
The meat cooked to perfection.
I remember it still.
Space taken up was equal to the area and shape of a magazine.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Try this with a hot plate

Join us or log in to post a reply.