Webasto R101. stopped working. (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi,
Our webasto which has been faultless for 4 years suddenly stopped working after heating hot water for shower. (Autotrail). The green light is flashing but no fault code is being displayed and the manual makes no referrence to a fault with the green light flashing by itself.
Has anyone any experiance of this ! I'm thinking a reset by taking fuses out and replacing may be a solution but dont know where these are.
Any advice from those with first hand knowledge would be greatefull.
Oh, as an aside the boiler is full so it's not an empty boiler fault.
Thanks in advance,
Philip

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I don't know where they are situated in your van but do a reset by removing the fuses in order. I have a burstner travel van with the same system. If memory strikes me correctly they are a 5,10 and 15 amp fuse. I think the flashing green light indicates it got below freezing last night.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The fuses could be anywhere!
The 5 amp one will be near the control panel.
I would look at where the heater wiring exits through the floor for the other 2.
I think you will find a flashing green light means that CAN communication has been lost between the heater and it's control panel.
I would pull the fuses and see if that wakes it up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
The fuses could be anywhere!
The 5 amp one will be near the control panel.
I would look at where the heater wiring exits through the floor for the other 2.
I think you will find a flashing green light means that CAN communication has been lost between the heater and it's control panel.
I would pull the fuses and see if that wakes it up.
My 3 are altogether in a block

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Trace the loom back into the van from the heater.
Happy hunting!

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Ok! I've found the fuse block (by the leisure battery) and all the fuses are ok. Pulled them and refitted and when killer switch swithched back on same fault came back ? Reading book again it states if green light. Flashing with no fault code check 15 & 5 amp fuses and if ok take to service centre.
So, I now need A Webasto technician to resolve this problem (arm and leg comes to my mind now)
Anybody know of a Webasto service centre around the midlands, near Northants would be good.
Thanks in advance,
Philip

Dhand

Free Member
Apr 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
auto trail excel 590
Thank you so much, will contact them as soon as we return to the uk.

Did you figure out what was wrong as I now have the same problem ?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Have you got enough Diesel?

The fuel take off is shorter than the engine fuel take off to avoid using all the diesel and being stranded

1/4 tank is the cut off and the number of systems we save under warranty that just needed fuel lol

Slight slope doesn’t help either when the diesel is low

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Have you got enough Diesel?

The fuel take off is shorter than the engine fuel take off to avoid using all the diesel and being stranded

1/4 tank is the cut off and the number of systems we save under warranty that just needed fuel lol

Slight slope doesn’t help either when the diesel is low

I forgot that. It is also true of R-V`s Petrol (gasoline), where the Generator runs on petrol too. The take off is at about 1/4 tank height. to avoid the same issue.

(Says the man who was about to strip the Genny; Carb; before he realised!!)(n):whistle::rolleyes:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Ok! I've found the fuse block (by the leisure battery) and all the fuses are ok. Pulled them and refitted and when killer switch swithched back on same fault came back ? Reading book again it states if green light. Flashing with no fault code check 15 & 5 amp fuses and if ok take to service centre.
So, I now need A Webasto technician to resolve this problem (arm and leg comes to my mind now)
Anybody know of a Webasto service centre around the midlands, near Northants would be good.
Thanks in advance,
Philip
So true,,service for mine and it's only a heater is £50 plus vat. Only had it serviced to keep the 3 year warranty because had it fitted new in 2016 when my old one failed.£900 new.Think if it broke again I would fit a cheap Chinese one.BUSBY.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
@PhilandMena @Dhand asked what the problem was as he's had the same thing happen
Good point. The problem was a broken wire caused by off piste driving. A new loom resolved the problem and made a dent in my wallet too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back