Webasto heating in autoquest 194 (1 Viewer)

MH59

Free Member
Feb 8, 2018
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Elddis autoquest 194
Exp
Since 2018
We are thinking about getting a Webasto heater installed on our 2 year old autoquest 194,
This should enable us to have heat in the rear while on the move, also as there is only one outlet vent from current whale heater in front part of living area we end up cold if sitting in swiveled drivers seats.
Has anyone done this?
And does it work?
We've been quoted £1400 for the full installation, and before anyone asks i don't have the skills for a DIY job.
Thanks in advance .

Adrian Mudle

Free Member
Aug 31, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago
MH59 surprised with the slowly reducing LPG stations no one has replied, as we are thinking of exactly the same idea, in a Carthago, with Alde wet central heating, we already have the engine heat exchanger, so just need a hydronic heater for the engine, that also does the habitation, via the heat exchanger, existing Alde heating will remain, so £1400 for a Webasto I'm assuming air heater fitted with a 3 year guarantee, comes close to the £1500 plus labour I've been quoted, though the Hydronic has a few additional components to divert the hot water to the engine or habitation, and controls for the existing cab heater, I'm looking at using a professional to help with some of the installation to ensure I get the 3 year warranty, however many have done the air heaters on there own, using the cheaper Chinese versions.

Interested to know how you get on with this?

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I had a diesel heater professionaly installed nearly 5 years ago. It wasn't the Chinese variety.
The installer made two outlets and its been a very good investment. My vehicle is a Carthago AClass with gas only heating so heat on the move is good. I would definitely recommend this extra.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Everyone
I’m also very surprised of the low input to this thread; as someone has said the disappearance of LPG on forecourts in the future could be a problem. I intend to get a diesel heater fitted when I change my MH next year. Can you also have the water heated by the diesel heater as well?
I think this will be the way to go in the future as LPG stations become few and far between.

Also is there any MH’s come fitted with diesel heaters from the factory?
Best Wishes Tony

Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I agree, in 10-15 years will a thread be posted saying, I want to take out my diesel heater all the diesel fuel pumps are disappearing.
Diesel or heating oil will be around for many years. Imo in 15 years time there will still be many diesel cars around plus heavy transport, construction and agricultural machinery. Not to mention the demand for heating oil. The advantage of diesel over lpg is that you can get it anywhere in a 5 gallon container for your diesel heater. There is little doubt that lpg from service stations is in steady decline.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back