Webasto heater (1 Viewer)

Sep 20, 2014
Luton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
8 years
We have a autosleeper Cotswold just getting it ready for Spanish trip and put heater on to warm her up. When suddenly heard a hissing sound (like a tyre going down) coming from the control panel turned heater of and after a few minutes it closed down and the noise stopped
Any advice or help as to what was happening please !!

OP
OP
The rehctub
Sep 20, 2014
Luton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
8 years
Thank you
Any advice as how to dry it ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Sounds like the frost protection valve opened.
Did the water pump run and was there water on the ground?

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
As above frost protection valve perhaps

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
When the Webasto is turned on you may hear a whine/hissing noise which would be the webasto firing up. Are you sure this noise is coming from the control panel ?are they in the same vicinity ?
I have the dual top which is now coming up for 7 years old has never been serviced and run like a dream, and very very quiet. (Lucky me perhaps as others have complained about noise!). Anyway, be aware when you put the heating on the fan (not the heater) consumes a lot of Amps per hour on average around 10 Amps. The hot water side, considerably less. If you have a manual I would advise giving it a good read.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If the hissing was coming from the control panel you would smell burning. If you didn't it must be something else.
The Dualtop can be run on cabin heating without water in the system. If you have it set to heat water as well then, should there be no water in the system you should get an error message and it will shut down automatically - although I wouldn't trust it to do this. :)
You can either contact a Webasto repairer if you are concerned or make sure it has water in it and try again and see what appends.
In my experience they do throw a wobble from time to time but seem to recover.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
When the Webasto is turned on you may hear a whine/hissing noise which would be the webasto firing up. Are you sure this noise is coming from the control panel ?are they in the same vicinity ?
I have the dual top which is now coming up for 7 years old has never been serviced and run like a dream, and very very quiet. (Lucky me perhaps as others have complained about noise!). Anyway, be aware when you put the heating on the fan (not the heater) consumes a lot of Amps per hour on average around 10 Amps. The hot water side, considerably less. If you have a manual I would advise giving it a good read.
Ref reading manual most of it straight forward but the section to set the timing sequence I must admit defeated me !!! Have any funsters got any tips / info to ‘ understand ‘ how to set the timer LOL ???

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Setting the timer is easy if your name is Einstein.
We have never used It!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back