Webasco Dual Top RHA 101 / 102 - Controller Screen Issue (1 Viewer)

Bewildered

Free Member
Oct 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1995
Hi funsters,
I have recently (just before lockdown) had a problem with our 2011 Murvi's heater controller and was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem?
After running the heater for a few hours the electronic controller screen 'plays up'.
The heater itself continues to function, it responds to key entries as one would expect.
I have taken the screen out and looked inside, there are no loose cables/ribbons.
Tapping the unit makes no difference. Has anyone had one of these repaired or know company that could?
The photos are examples of it playing up.
webasco 1.jpg
webasto 4.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Looks like a faulty LCD screen or the chip controlling it to me. :( Webasto have a network of agents around the country so you could try contacting one near you. Of course, normal support services may not be running smoothly at the moment.

But it might be worth pulling all the fuses out, there should be three of them. From memory (always risky) replace them from the smallest first which might be 5A and the other two are 10A. This will reboot it.

OP
OP
Bewildered

Bewildered

Free Member
Oct 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1995
Thank you DBK, I have emailed a couple of agents. I spoke to Rex and he suggested re-making the connections, so that rebooted the controller. Didn't make the problem go away though. it's a strange one as I would expect the LCD to fail but it comes back after a while. I'm guessing it's a component breaking down that gets rattled after a few hours use. Heater works fine but changing the power source is tricky without a display! Thanks for the advice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Merv

Free Member
Feb 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Murvi
Hi
We have exactly the same problem
Also in a Murvi
It's a 2014 model which we brought from Murvi last year so we still have warranty
Have you managed to get yours fixed
I am struggling to find anyone to help, I emailed webasto but haven't heard back
Mervyn

OP
OP
Bewildered

Bewildered

Free Member
Oct 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1995
Hi Merve, Rex of murvi ended up doing a swap with another second hand unit. Another person also reported a similar problem on murviloverschat group. I did some investigation and really came to the conclusion that a replacement unit was the answer. £550 from webasto, or I found some new ones on eBay for £350. Rex will be trying to get the swapped item fixed. My van was from murvi last June.
Damn nuisance as the unit otherwise perfect. Nigel..

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi
We have exactly the same problem
Also in a Murvi
It's a 2014 model which we brought from Murvi last year so we still have warranty
Have you managed to get yours fixed
I am struggling to find anyone to help, I emailed webasto but haven't heard back
Mervyn
Welcome to the Forum!

If you don't hear back from Webasto, and from their point of view it is out of warranty, contacting a local Webasto agent would be useful except in your case you really need to do everything through Murvi because of their warranty, as you will know. :)

If pulling the fuses doesn't work it needs deeper investigation. The brains of the thing are quite complex, for example it will have a record inside it of every time it has been turned on and possibly, what songs you sang in the shower. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Merv

Free Member
Feb 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Murvi
Hi Nigel
Did you not have a 1 year warranty when you got your van
We have and will be making a claim on that
Will contact Rex and see what he says
Mervyn