Web camera (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Does anybody know if this camera would work off my inverter, non pure sine wave ?
Or could it be adapted to work off 12 volt ?

Broken Link Removed

The reason I ask is were going to Vienna and will need to leave the dog in the van for 3-4 hours whilst looking around palace / museums etc. So would be useful to keep an eye.
He's usually fine being left and obviously sensible measures will be taken, lots of water, cooling fan on etc and if turns out to be hot we wouldn't leave him at all.
Any thoughts ?

Macca1954

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
Does anybody know if this camera would work off my inverter, non pure sine wave ?

Broken Link Removed

The reason I ask is were going to Vienna and will need to leave the dog in the van for 3-4 hours whilst looking around palace / museums etc. So would be useful to keep an eye.
He's usually fine being left and obviously sensible measures will be taken, lots of water, cooling fan on etc and if turns out to be hot we wouldn't leave him at all.
Any thoughts ?
Got one of these at home brilliant bit of kit. Not sure about using inverter but don’t forget it needs wifi

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Box contents - Ezviz Mini O Plus 135° Full HD 1080p Indoor WiFi Camera
- Power adapter x 1
- Quick start guide x 1
- Foam sticker x 1
- Metal plate x 1
- USB cable x 1

You notice on the specs it has a power adaptor for the mains, pop along to currys and find out what the input voltage is of the camera, it could possibly be 12 or 19 volts. If 12v you are in luck if 19v then a laptop car charger could be used to power it.

As its mains your inverter will power it anyway but would be wasteful.

Disclamer: if it all goes tits up I accept no responsibilty!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

Broken Link Removed

Any thoughts ?
We use a Reolink Argus 2. It’s battery powered and will work inside or out. We have them around the outside of house powered by a solar panel and one inside, no wires. I can see the house from my iPad/phone whilst away on live view. Put a memory card in the back and you can record videos. Also works with passive infra red which you can turn on or off from your iPad/phone and can point it out of the window to see if anyone approaches your van on other occasions. We’ve found them very reliable. Look on Amazon, they’re a bit more expensive though.

It would work for hours on the battery, while you’re out of the van. Hope that helps.

Edit:You’d need your mifi on the whole time plugged into the usb. No problem.

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
I use a similar camera in my van. If the internals are the same as mine, it will need a 5v 2amp supply from a USB socket and a good WiFi network to connect to. I was in Harrogate last week but the WiFi signal from my EE MiFi wasn't quite fast enough. This was the one I bought:

Amazon product ASIN B07CB14GTB

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

Broken Link Removed

Any thoughts ?
Hope you saw my edit on the last post about the mifi. Cheers.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think you may be in luck. The specs says it comes with a USB cable and yet it has no USB connectivity. That suggests that the power adaptor is just a standard USB one providing 5V. This has become almost standard now for many electronic items. If that is the case you can but a 12V to 5V USB adaptor for your ciggy style 12V sockets and then stick the USB plug straight in. BUIT you do need to check first that it is indeed 5V USB.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Would continuous connection to the mifi gobble data up ?
No, not at all. The camera will be paired to your mifi, which will be on and plugged into the leisure battery via the low voltage supply (usb).

If you switch off the PIR on the camera, using your phone/iPad, the camera won’t send you any notifications when your dog moves around (unless you want it to). So the camera will sleep until you open your phone/iPad and link to it using the reolink app. Then you’ll be able to see what’s going on in the van. Only then will you use a bit of data.

You’ll use a bit more if you leave the PIR on. Then you’ll get notifications and on your phone/iPad telling you the dogs moving around in case you want to link to see what’s happening (or someone’s got in the van-unlikely). You won’t use much data either way. When you get back, you’ll have a short videos on the micro SD card in the back of the camera showing you what happened every time the dog triggered the PIR.

Using your phone/iPad you can then delete the videos, once you’ve viewed them. It’s really easy to use. I bought my micro SD card for about £6 32GB when I got the camera.

Buy a second 3 Sim if you’re worried about data.

Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back