Weather warning Sun 19 Jan 2020 Valencia area (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
The rain has been stopped for a couple of hours ( as forecast) here at Benicassim and it isn't anywhere near as windy as the forecast says it should be.
Took advantage to fill and empty and had a walk down to the promenade. The tide was on its way out but there was debris on the promenade indicating the sea had been as high as I ever seen it..

IMG_20200119_173629.jpg

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Moved off of the wild camping area at Cullera around midday. I would say about 60% of vans had left.
Had a civil defence 4x4 drive very slowly through the vans possibly noting down van details.
We were planning on heading down to Almerianregion for a while so drove through some atrocious rain and winds around Oliva area but then had a reasonable run down. Now at Roquetas de Mar. Plenty of vans here.
Forecast much better down here,

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
We're at El Pinet, camperpark just south of Alicante where it's currently cloudy but warm and dry - but the locals are expecting it to get a bit rough later and overnight. We moved down here from Valencia to try and avoid the weather system we've been watching on Ventusky for a few days - agree it looks like it's gonna be a bit naughty up there. I think snow is a bit of exageration although it's probably quite likely in the coastal mountains, just not here on the coast.

Funsters Derek & June (Portland) are expecting to fly in to Alicante late tonight - think that might be optimistic!
Good having a wee chat with you yesterday.
We are now down the road a little in Torrevieja and it has been p. Sing down since 6pm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Tip.........
Just look it up on Google maps:
Thanks mate..... Never thought of that!!!!!!!
Just thought that this name was a shortened or nickname for a Benidorm based motorhome site.
As I am supposed to be flying into Alicante tomorrow night and then making my way to Benidorm Old town, if this was a local campsite within Benidorm I just thought they night have an accurate and up-to-date scenario, rather than the somewhat , or what appears to be, doomsday and Armageddon type reports.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks mate..... Never thought of that!!!!!!!
Just thought that this name was a shortened or nickname for a Benidorm based motorhome site.
As I am supposed to be flying into Alicante tomorrow night and then making my way to Benidorm Old town, if this was a local campsite within Benidorm I just thought they night have an accurate and up-to-date scenario, rather than the somewhat , or what appears to be, doomsday and Armageddon type reports.

I am coming to you "live" from my hotel room here in benidorm. Can tell you it's blowing a bloody gale, rain has started but not heavy as yet.
A websearch on local news will tell you Alicante airport had a fire in the week so although it reopened it's in a mess. Today they were closing it for 24hours.
Only your flight / holiday company can give you an answer on what will happen tomorrow, best to check with them direct.
Otherwise the all inclusive bar is keeping the wife occupied. ?

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
I am coming to you "live" from my hotel room here in benidorm. Can tell you it's blowing a bloody gale, rain has started but not heavy as yet.
A websearch on local news will tell you Alicante airport had a fire in the week so although it reopened it's in a mess. Today they were closing it for 24hours.
Only your flight / holiday company can give you an answer on what will happen tomorrow, best to check with them direct.
Otherwise the all inclusive bar is keeping the wife occupied. ?
Thanks Tonka.......some sense at last without the sarcastic and unnecessary comments.
Cheers my friend.
Will check tomorrow.

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Vans a rocking on Villasol so dona come knocking but getting hairy. Am sure you really don’t need to get concerned. Hope you enjoy yourself.
Ray

Last edited:

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Hail Stones here at Playa Granada!

99B4E794-B1B2-448C-9375-E34A1160C137.jpeg

Ian

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I would think its a bit of both, I suspect after the fire there is loose debris, it should all be finished by Wednesday, ? but we have a lot to put up with in the meantime. ?

Our front door is about about 16 centimetres higher than the prom and about 150m from it. ?
? This is why people like to rent it for their holidays Chris. ? Bob.
Is that your Hymer ?

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We are on a site not far from Dénia. So far just a lot of rain and strong winds.

We have plenty of tea bags though!

Paul

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Been rough here above Valencia, blown a gale all night with heavy rain and there seems to be no let up.
Heard it’s worse in some places further south and some places have snow. There are also reports of awnings being lost on campsites. Stay safe everyone !

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
My concerns came to nought. Loads of water flowing past but never above kerb onto pitch. Bit of a lake across road further along. We did rock about quite a bit but slept well.
Hope everyone else is OK too.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
There seems to be a lot more to come yet, lasting through until Wednesday at least. If you run the Ventusky simulation, it's looking pretty grim....:think:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Earlier?
Still sunny but getting windy here in Alhama de Murcia, inland from Mazarron.

One I took earlier ?

View attachment 357743

Earlier?
As in when?
It was blowing a hoolie as we went past yesterday.
The reason you've got blue sky is because the clouds were travelling too fast for your box brownie (other camera's are available).
We're now in the desert??? that is the Cabo De Gata National Park. Its been hissing it down on and off all morning and there are poodles in the road.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We're now in the desert??? that is the Cabo De Gata National Park. Its been hissing it down on and off all morning and there are poodles in the road
Hope you’re not at Camping Cabo de Gata? They were flooded very badly back in September last time it rained hard.?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
No. We're not there.
We're at an official camperstop in the park that ISN'T on Campercontact or Camperstop (but withing the Park.

Go on, guess.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Earlier?

Earlier?
As in when?
It was blowing a hoolie as we went past yesterday.
The reason you've got blue sky is because the clouds were travelling too fast for your box brownie (other camera's are available).
We're now in the desert??? that is the Cabo De Gata National Park. Its been hissing it down on and off all morning and there are poodles in the road.

Just before 11.00 am yesterday ?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
No. We're not there.
We're at an official camperstop in the park that ISN'T on Campercontact or Camperstop (but withing the Park.

Go on, guess.
Olivares?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back