Weather statistic unit for motorhome (1 Viewer)

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hi all - up here in Shetland having been through a few windy nights plus warm days I wondered if there was anything that you could use on a motorhome to see what weather conditions one was going through

I did park up on the top near the old Saxa Vord Raf base and apparently one year the winds were up to around 197 mph (wouldn't have stayed up there if I had known beforehand :ROFLMAO:)

But if there is something it might just be interesting to know what weather you were actually having.

All the best from blustery Shetland

PS

I have a travel blog now - its not very professionally done but you might be interested to have a look - I set out from Worcester in mid January and have been pretty well as far north as you can go in the uk and on my way back down again now - currently back on Mainland Shetland, parked up in the ferry harbour to try and keep out of the wind. You are supposed to be able to see otters from here, but I expect they are all safely tucked up in bed if they have any sense

www.thebusphoebeandme.us

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have one by Ascot. Bought from Aldi. It comes with 2 parts, one sits in an outside locker and the other in the van. It is fairly accurate and easy to read, but does not give wind speed.

barearse

Free Member
Dec 31, 2012
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Just starting
Weather info.

Hello diping,cannot help you with the query but would just say I've been following your blog & find it most entertaining.Hope to go to Orkney later this year.Never been further than Inverness.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hello diping,cannot help you with the query but would just say I've been following your blog & find it most entertaining.Hope to go to Orkney later this year.Never been further than Inverness.

Orkney is beautiful - you will love it and if you are interested in history there is so much to see. I think if you were visiting Orkney or Shetland in May through Sept then there would be lots more places open as well. Many of the places are closed here at present, but still lots of wonderful places to see and fantastic scenery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back