Weather-North of Scotland (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Mixed reports aboutthe weather in the far north of Scotland. Any one up there that can tell me what it's been like and if the forecast has been reasonably accurate recently?

Thanks

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Mixed reports aboutthe weather in the far north of Scotland.

Thanks

So you've seen the one issued by the tourist board and the one issued by the sheep farmers.

I know which I'd trust.

"I say, the weather in the jolly old north of Scotland has been simple stunning since February. Just right for a chap to take a glass of Pimms before dinner."

"Auch it's p***g doun agin. I'll never dry these f*******g sheep out to shear the little f*****s".

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Depends how far north you want. Here on the Moray Firth, it's cooler than it was at the weekend but still sunny most of the time (drizzle first thing this morning) - temp in the high teens.

I find the forecast on the BBC website is fairly accurate.

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Mixed reports aboutthe weather in the far north of Scotland. Any one up there that can tell me what it's been like and if the forecast has been reasonably accurate recently?

Thanks

It's difficult. Last week we sailed from South Uist to Oban - Travelling through the Sound of Mull. Ardnamurchan, a mile or two to the left was bathed in glorious sunshine, the high tops were clear - Glorious. A mile or two to the right we had Mull, and it was totally clagged out. Two totally different weather systems. That can be replicated anywhere, but particularly here in the Highlands. Coastal areas can be under a blanket of mist whilst a few miles inland it's sunny and clear. So I doubt anyone could answer you question accurately. However, I can give a link to one of my favourite UK weather websites which gives you the current weather state, and a reasonable forecast for the days ahead. Just select the relevant tab.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
You won't get much further North than us! It's pretty miserable here and will be for the next week. Low grey cloud from dawn to dusk, temperature around 15c, wind averaging about 10 mph from the West most days. No rain though, nor none forecast:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back