Weather in France end of June (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
I know its early but thinking about where in France to go next year .
I like to take my two week break towards the end of June thus keeping clear of the French school holidays 1st week in July, assuming it gets busy on the Aires after that date .
Anybody know if La Rochelle is area a safe bet weather wise that time of year or would I be safer heading further South ?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
We`ve been in June and If I remember correctly the weather was slightley better than we get here,, But as said it was a fare while ago.. :thumb:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We went to France, Luxembourg and Germany last End of June/July for 2 weeks, the weather was great, Germany was too hot, sat right by the Rhine and had to have the canopy out to shade the sun.
We are going slightly earlier next year as taking our new dog (to us) and don't want it too hot for Toby, also trying the tunnel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wp1234
Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for the replies so far ... how busy does it get after french schools break up ... is getting into a decent aires a real pain then I wonder ?

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
You can't trust the weather at any time, the attached photo shows my caravan when we camped in Loche in July 2004, we were hit by a freak storm that battered my van with hailstones that really were as big as the preverbial golf balls. My van was new that year and the results of that storm was a new roof and new side having to be fitted!!

Attachments

• Loche 2004.jpg
    Loche 2004.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 30

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We were uo that way in June this year and the temps were in the 75 to 80 region :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I know its early but thinking about where in France to go next year .
I like to take my two week break towards the end of June thus keeping clear of the French school holidays 1st week in July, assuming it gets busy on the Aires after that date .
Anybody know if La Rochelle is area a safe bet weather wise that time of year or would I be safer heading further South ?

To answer your questions..... Yes to the last weeks in June....Weather ???:Eeek: well who knows as another funster has already mentioned......But I would say Yes...to your destination YES should be fine.....now we live in France and motorhome 6 months plus every year only on Aires .....WHAT is the problem with getting on aires...we have had no problem at all at any time of the year........school holidays ...children do not seem to have much of impact in July.....BUT AUGUST seems to be the period when the whole of France take there holidays!!!!!!! TOTAL shut down...this period the roads will be busy.....now we were away in April this year in the Rhone alps and the weather was fantastic in the 33c (91f) to the 36c (96f)for most of the 4 weeks......last year in June we was in the south of France on the MED it was 34c(93f) in the night to 44deg C (111F) in the day.....it was to hot and had to make our way back north even then it was around 38c (100f) in Normandy.......Hope what I have said has been of some help to you.

There are plenty of Aires in France....do not worry you will be fine...just come and enjoy your holiday, if you like boats don't forget there are lots of Aires on canals,

Mel :thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We went for 2 1/2 weeks this year, started near the end of June to avoid Les Enfants , we were heading for La Rochelle, same as you but never got anywhere near there. The weather was glorious and so we slowed right down and messed about in Normandy.

As said above, you cant trust the weather, wait and see.

Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back