We survived (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Well we’ve just arrived back home after our jaunt out motorhoming, our first time wild camping and our first trip out our Cheyenne 696.
To be honest we could have picked a better weekend I guess with rain bucketing down and winds in excess of 50 knots along the North Wales coast .But the thought process was that if we survived in this sort of weather we can survive in anything.The good news is we did Ok I think, everything worked, we kept warm, dry , got fed and watered and had a jolly nice time working out how things out.
A few questions I need help with if someone could be so kind:
Is it normal for the Trauma Ultraheat unit’s gas flame to be blown out in high winds although it relit itself all the time. I suspect the wind was coming right down the flu but is there a way to avoid this or is it just a matter of moving to more shelter?
How do you dry towels out or are the microfiber types the best to use.
What is the best chemical to put into the Thetford – is it blue , green or something else ?
What sort of voltage is the minimum that the batteries should be left to drop own to before recharging? Are Solar panels worth fitting or is a battery to battery charger the best bet.
Thank you all for your advice so far much appreciated.

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Isn't it just great, we love the rain on the roof at bed time. In Scotland last week our fire kept blowing out one windy night, like you say it kept re-igniting. We use blue. Our 130w solar panel does nowt this time of year, thinking of getting a lunar panel to help it out.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you may have survived that but to qualify as a funster you have to survive a funsters meet. :thumb::roflmto:

Flame....
its possible for the wind to blow it out but at least it re-lights itself.

Towels...
no chance at this time of year. if its only windy hang them outdoors until it starts to rain again.

chemicals....

we use thetford blue without problems.

batteries..

heres a thumbnail to a battery state chart..
shouldnt get below 60% to keep them healthy.
check the voltage with no load on the battery and been off charge for an hour or so.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• battery chart.jpg
    battery chart.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I always use the green fluid as the smell of the blue one is worse than the sh*t. I don't know whether its any better for the environment though. Theres alays SOG I suppose ( a handy gadget that sucks all the stink out of your toilet and blows it into your neighbours awning - always good to stimulate post on this forum :winky:)

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I always use the green fluid as the smell of the blue one is worse than the sh*t. I don't know whether its any better for the environment though. Theres alays SOG I suppose ( a handy gadget that sucks all the stink out of your toilet and blows it into your neighbours awning - always good to stimulate post on this forum :winky:)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
wp1234
Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
heres a thumbnail to a battery state chart..
shouldnt get below 60% to keep them healthy.
check the voltage with no load on the battery and been off charge for an hour or so.

Hi and thanks for the answers. Are you then saying that 12.24 v |(60%) is the lowest the battery should get to before being recharged ? ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Micro Fibre towels every time.

Absorbent, lighter to carry and very quick to dry but, IMHO the best combination is use a small flannel to get most of the water off and then use the MF towel to finish. Stays almost dry and the flannel, even when wet, will still get you almost dry.

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Micro Fibre towels every time.Absorbent, lighter to carry and very quick to dry but, IMHO the best combination is use a small flannel to get most of the water off and then use the MF towel to finish. Stays almost dry and the flannel, even when wet, will still get you almost dry.

I always use the flannel first but how do you convert the wife....one for the hair....one to get dry...one to sit on....one to rap around.....one for a turban...:Doh:. I sometimes think that logic was unevenly distributed between the sexes.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back