We nearly bought a motorhome! (1 Viewer)

Clive Mott

Funster
Nov 12, 2012
New Milton
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 1972
Hello. I agree with your logic.
BUT
I had a new motorbike delivered on day 1 of lockdown 1. So far to keep me occupied i have :-
Fitted a small front screen.
Fitted a mobile phone holder
Fitted a USB charging point.
Fitted a pair of hand guards.
Fitted two LED aditional driving lights.
Fitted a rear top box.
Fitted a pair of air horns.
Driven a total of 329 miles!!

Just think of the enhancements you could have done to your new pride and joy. Let me list a few ideas :
Fitted or enhanced the solar panels.
Fitted aditional LED down lighters exactly where needed to read in bed.
Fitted a B2B charging system to speed up charging when mobile.
Fitted an inverter and got it wired to the existing 13A sockets.
Fitted some more 13A sockets so that your laptop lead is not a trip hazard to others. And for the best place for that toaster.
Even if a new MH is just sat on your drive just spend a couple of nights in it and all these enhancements to enjoyability will become aparrent.
Roll on summer.
C.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Andyfozz

Free Member
Mar 26, 2020
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, you made the right decision. Take your time in choosing what is a big investment. We are looking to upgrade and have been looking around but no decision will be made until we are free to travel and can view what we are buying. We purchased just before covid hit and have since found that the layout we chose does not suit us so need to change.
Good luck moving forward.

OP
OP
Grumpyfrog
Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
Hello. I agree with your logic.
BUT............................................

Just think of the enhancements you could have done to your new pride and joy. Let me list a few ideas :
Fitted or enhanced the solar panels.
Fitted aditional LED down lighters exactly where needed to read in bed.
Fitted a B2B charging system to speed up charging when mobile.
Fitted an inverter and got it wired to the existing 13A sockets.
Fitted some more 13A sockets so that your laptop lead is not a trip hazard to others. And for the best place for that toaster.
Even if a new MH is just sat on your drive just spend a couple of nights in it and all these enhancements to enjoyability will become aparrent.
Roll on summer.
C.
If I were to attempt to fit half of what you have suggested, then the m/h would look a mess and would certainly be worth a lot less than when I bought it.
No.
I will stick to Motorhome fun for now! :giggle:

Aug 12, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Bluebelle: VW T6.1
Exp
Since 2020
Welcome to the fun :) We managed to dig our tunnel out of corporate life last April and bought Ruby (our moho) on 1 July. We may only have been away with her four times before lockdown, but are really excited about when times are more normal (whatever that is), so we can venture out once again. You will love the freedom, both of not working and of getting out and about with your moho when you get one.

CDBaines

Free Member
Sep 6, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Since July 2020
There’s never a good time to do anything. You can always be caught out by circumstances beyond your control. I think one thing this pandemic has taught us is to make the most of the time we have with our loved ones and do what you want to do as early as you can.
My wife and I bought in June last year, before we were really clear how the pandemic would affect our plans. We managed 7 weekends away, then the restrictions hit. Now the van stands idle, but we have proved we love the life and will do all we can as soon as we are allowed.
Just get out there, buy your choice of van and live your dream.

Lemut

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 18, 2020
Redditch, UK
Funster No
MH
Class C
Just to give you all a laugh. We actually purchased a Burstner 727 back in August 20 from a local dealer (just off the A345). Paid a deposit etc and I've been incontact via email about every 3 weeks asking for a price for them to fit a roof rack. Keep being told they are 'checking stock' of the RR before they can give me a price. Still haven't had a price or been given an estimated delivery date on the 727. Got to laugh haven't you........

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Just to give you all a laugh. We actually purchased a Burstner 727 back in August 20 from a local dealer (just off the A345). Paid a deposit etc and I've been incontact via email about every 3 weeks asking for a price for them to fit a roof rack. Keep being told they are 'checking stock' of the RR before they can give me a price. Still haven't had a price or been given an estimated delivery date on the 727. Got to laugh haven't you........
There's been countless stories of incompetency on this forum over the years. Nothing surprises us anymore. Don't hold your breath :whistle2: :giggler:

Mar 21, 2014
Oswestry
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato moncayo
Exp
I am a newbie :-))
I sold my van in September
And just found the one I want 🤗
But is it right time to buy 🤔
They have gone up so much 😣
And will they come down 🤔
But then be without van longer 😣
And life to short as I have realised with just losing my husband in October
Any thoughts

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
It buys you time to really understand what you need in a van, and then as soon as the lockdown lifts, go hell for leather and find one! That's what we did this time last year....took us 6 months to decide what was right for us and to find a good one.

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
Any thoughts
Bless you and well done for looking ahead and embracing your future, you are very brave. Do what makes you happy and trust your instincts.If you love this van, go for it. Covid isn't going away any time soon, people will want vans and I suspect that if you buy wisely, you will not lose out very much. The most important thing is that you do what makes you happy and what brings joy to your life....x

Mar 21, 2014
Oswestry
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato moncayo
Exp
I am a newbie :-))
Thank you 😊 for your words
Yeh that what my head telling me 😊
Looking at going full timer later in year 🤗
So give me time to get used to it
Thank you

Oct 13, 2019
Son en Breugel, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Line
Exp
Since June 2020, newbies
Well we had placed our order on September 2019 at the Dusseldorf fair, after some years of research etc, and waiting for the right time, just pre pension, and then received it in June 2020 , in the middle of Covid... We teased the dealer in March that there was no rush to receive the van, and we could wait till March 2021, but once his initial shock wore off, he assured us that it was already in production, and delivery could not be changed. Well, we had not even paid Euro 1 for it at that stage, but I suppose a contract is a contract :)
Anyway we have had some lovely trips in it, some longer than others, and we are sure that for this Jan and Feb, it will sit in the parking garage, but we are ready for April 2021. Come on summer!

Bubble 12

Free Member
Aug 5, 2020
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1982
We bought our MH in June 2020 and collected it from the dealer mid July, as they were so busy dealing with the demand at that time. Had 32 nights away so far, so still pleased that we went ahead. Looking forward to the next trip ASAP post lock-down 3.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Any thoughts
My condolences on the death of your husband.
Regarding the purchase of another van, JUST DO IT (y)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Welcome, if this year is somewhere like last year then you will see the escape committee threads coming up when or if the rate drops and when or if Europe opens up for us.

Trying to work out when that will be, and being a few weeks ahead of it in terms of purchasing, would be my plan if I were in your position as there is likely to be more people looking at MHs again (imv) if we are in the position of Quarantine non quarantine no flights flights etc that we were in last year.

Best of luck
We've already started digging the tunnel and producing the counterfeit documents and civilian attire so we blend in .... Just waiting for the escape committee to approve the plan ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back