We nearly bought a motorhome! (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
Early in 2020 we made the decision to buy a motorhome after a lifetime of tents, trailer tents and caravans.
We did as much research both online and at dealerships to narrow our search and to establish some idea of what we favoured.
The money was in the bank, we had both retired, all we had to do was make up our minds and go for it.
Then Covid and lockdown came along.
I saw little point in going ahead, buying a motorhome, taxing and insuring it just to look at it on the drive.
For now, that part of our future plan is on hold.

So I have done the next best thing.
Join Motorhome fun, so at least I can read and talk with a lot of other members in the same boat!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hello

It is not only the likes of yu without a MH yet who are holding off. There have been quite a few posters, me included, saying that they would be changing their MH - but not under present conditions.

You may have read that there was a rush to buy in the summer, possibly fueled by flying being restricted. We do not know how those people feel about their purchases now, and will again if they are still restricted by the springtime. I think reports of dealers running out of stock may really have only related to the under £40k bracket as being the sector probably attracting first-time buyers.

Anyway I think you, I and others are wise to hang back for the moment.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello GIF by curly_mads

OP
OP
Grumpyfrog
Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
Hi, in the same boat, put off our potential purchase for the same reasons, but it has given us plenty of time to read and watch all the reviews .

Yep!
We are doing exactly the same.
I suppose it is saving us both money and perhaps making a mistake in buying the wrong layout.
There is always Plan B.
Damn!
We haven't got a Plan B.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley.

It will happen one day🤞

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
We bought one late 2019 and it has proven to be a very shrewd move . 15 breaks throughout the year including a February French trip . No motorhome , no breaks . Also just booked two up for spring this year , fingers crossed .

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We bought one late 2019 and it has proven to be a very shrewd move . 15 breaks throughout the year including a February French trip . No motorhome , no breaks . Also just booked two up for spring this year , fingers crossed .

Us two too - New van in November 2019. Set of on the 4th of June and only stopped on the 10 October -7,500 miles.

Now the time to buy - just so you are ready for the of at Easter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back