We Just got our delivery date (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
:Grin:After a very long 7 month wait we have just got our delivery date confirmed :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We were starting to get worried the date would slip again and we would be missing more breaks.
We sold our last van November last year and have missed our normal Christmas, half term and Easter breaks:mad:

End of this month we pick up our new Globecar Campscout Revolution, I don't know who is more excited us or the kids. half term is all booked for France and we have nearly three weeks in the summer holidays away in France and Switzerland. followed by long weekend in the lake District.

I now need to change the date for the alarm at Vanbitz, the underslung gas tank and the trip to Holland for the bike rack.
It will be interesting to get it loaded and weighed with four bikes on the back (decent bikes that don't weigh a great deal), I have feeling I will be getting the payload increased very quickly. lucky just a paper exercise and our licences aren't a problem luckily.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Excellent news (y)

Are you hanging 4 bikes from the back doors, or are you going down the tow bar & tow ball mounted rack route ?

I'm undecided with mine.

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Ken,

We are going for one of these, not cheap but having spoken to a couple of people that have them it seems the best solution.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Ken,

We are going for one of these, not cheap but having spoken to a couple of people that have them it seems the best solution.
That's the first time I've seen that system, what a good idea, especially when I'm reluctant to mount anything on the rear doors.

Unfortunately the cost isn't so reasonable when I'm only looking to carry one bike.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Hi from another Revolution fan
The busbiker is a serious bit of kit
We carry the bikes inside but if we needed the space that rack would be the one to go for.
I would think with that and the four of you you will be getting the payload increased.
As you say no problem on the Maxi chasie

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
The Busbiker was the best solution I could find that would carry 4 bikes. after having a VW camper that you couldn't open the tailgate with bikes on I wanted to avoid doing that again, hence why we haven't gone for a tow bar mounted option. If we had gone for the tow bar option by the time we had the tow bar fitted and bought a rack it may not have been hugely cheaper and would have annoyed me anyway!

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
For four bikes you wouldn't have found a towbar mounting one that that was not in the way of the doors.
Its a bit of a faf to get one that will drop out of the way enough with just a two bike carrier

Apr 14, 2020
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Exp
Since 1995
Ken,

Can I ask
Do you have to order one and fit it yourself (in the UK) or is there somewhere in the UK that will fit them?
Thanks

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Can I ask
Do you have to order one and fit it yourself (in the UK) or is there somewhere in the UK that will fit them?
Thanks
He is going to Holland to get it fitted. At the moment no one fits them in the U.K. last year.We looked at it. The closest is the Vanstar memo, type which are just as expensive . A couple of U.K. fitters now but not as slick as the Busbiker. We gave up and stuck with our tow bar plus Atera strada DL3 but first 4 bikes the bus biker is well worth it.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
He is going to Holland to get it fitted. At the moment no one fits them in the U.K. We looked at it. The closest is the Vanstar memo, type which are just as expensive . A couple of U.K. fitters now but not as slick as the Busbiker. We gave up and stuck with our tow bar plus Atera strada DL3 but first 4 bikes the bus biker is well worth it.
We've just had one of these fitted (Memo Vanstar). Brilliant but only for two bikes!

Apr 14, 2020
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Exp
Since 1995
He is going to Holland to get it fitted. At the moment no one fits them in the U.K. last year.We looked at it. The closest is the Vanstar memo, type which are just as expensive . A couple of U.K. fitters now but not as slick as the Busbiker. We gave up and stuck with our tow bar plus Atera strada DL3 but first 4 bikes the bus biker is well worth it.
Thank you for your reply.
I have a Pro user Diamant TG that fits on my tow bar, but has to be lifted off to access the rear doors, I think I'll be going to Holland as well!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you for your reply.
I have a Pro user Diamant TG that fits on my tow bar, but has to be lifted off to access the rear doors, I think I'll be going to Holland as well!
I’ve reread my post, terrible grammar, glad you managed to understand it!

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
The Busbiker was a good choice and is great bit of kit, still very expensive but I would do it again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back