We have gone and done it too! (1 Viewer)

Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
Hi everyone, first post.

We are complete newbies seduced by the attractions of touring Europe in a Motorhome and somehow just know it's right for us. We visited NEC last week and Dusseldorf about 6 weeks ago and to be fair we thought NEC did pretty well in comparison to Dusseldorf. There is however far more choice in Germany whether looking at vehicles or accessories.

After much research online including of course Motorhomefun , we decided a Left Hand Drive vehicle was for us so clearly an import was a strong option. You will tell me off at this point because we had never been in a MH whilst it was moving let alone driven one but despite this we purchased a 2016 Burstner Ixeo 680G through Palmowski whilst at Dusseldorf in early September!

Have to say Julien Baltrusch was very helpful and informative and Palmowski give great deals. We piled on the extras including a weight upgrade to 4000 Kg and can't wait for delivery next Feb/March.

Last week we hired a Chausson 717 from Landcruise in Chichester using it to drive to NEC as part of our schedule and fortunately it confirmed we love the lifestyle! Landcruise were great as well, nice people and a very nice clean vehicle, you would never know it was a rental.

We will have lots of questions in future to ask the helpful members of "Fun" I am sure!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to fun, you have done your research now all that is left is the delivery of your New Van and the call of the open road ahead. Enjoy :welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
How many sleeps to go. Good luck and many happy miles in your new toy

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
A big welcome.
You will love it. We have just got back from our 1st, 2 week exploratory trip to France in ours and had a fantastic time. Get a good large book of maps, the 'all the Aires' books and consider an ACSI card and then go from there.
There are lots of people with good advice on this forum so don't be afraid to ask even the most basic of questions. We all started from a point of not knowing and no experience. Enjoy to the max. now looking forward to our next trip abroad early next year.
Don't forget to wave!
Best regards
Nik.

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Well done hope you have a lot of years travelling(y)
john

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
Hi everyone, first post.

We are complete newbies seduced by the attractions of touring Europe in a Motorhome and somehow just know it's right for us. We visited NEC last week and Dusseldorf about 6 weeks ago and to be fair we thought NEC did pretty well in comparison to Dusseldorf. There is however far more choice in Germany whether looking at vehicles or accessories.

After much research online including of course Motorhomefun , we decided a Left Hand Drive vehicle was for us so clearly an import was a strong option. You will tell me off at this point because we had never been in a MH whilst it was moving let alone driven one but despite this we purchased a 2016 Burstner Ixeo 680G through Palmowski whilst at Dusseldorf in early September!

Have to say Julien Baltrusch was very helpful and informative and Palmowski give great deals. We piled on the extras including a weight upgrade to 4000 Kg and can't wait for delivery next Feb/March.

Last week we hired a Chausson 717 from Landcruise in Chichester using it to drive to NEC as part of our schedule and fortunately it confirmed we love the lifestyle! Landcruise were great as well, nice people and a very nice clean vehicle, you would never know it was a rental.

We will have lots of questions in future to ask the helpful members of "Fun" I am sure!
Please keep us updated how the purchase and import through Palmowski goes as have short listed them as one of the dealers I may buy from in the next year or so as retirement comes - hopefully sooner than later and downsizing etc.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
WOW well done, the hard part is over apart from the waiting.

Enjoy.

Martin

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Nothing quite like it is there?.......... Jumping in at the Deep-End.......

You already love it dontcha? :welc:

OP
OP
S
Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for all the replies everybody, much appreciated. I should add that our decision to buy wasn't quite the major sudden decision it appears because my brother bought a MH at the beginning of the year so we have been hearing all about it from him and his wife.

Infact judgemental helped put him in touch with the batch of RHD Globecars that were "available to import" at the time and he is well happy and loving it!

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
It is an amazing MH, we have also ordered one for delivery next April but from our local UK dealer, also upgraded the weight and a load of extras. Just out of curiosity have you ordered the skyroof. We have been debating about this. We have seen it without the skyroof at the NEC but keep pondering whether it looks odd without the large window.

OP
OP
S
Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
I agree garjanco we think its perfect for us. The dining area is huge and we like having the really large bathroom area. We both got on the bed at NEC and was surprised how sturdy it was considering that a few seconds earlier it was part of the roof! Infact we had our hired Chausson 717 outside in the NEC car park which actually we were rather impressed with but what the Burstner gives you is a much greater feeling of space because there is no fixed bed of course.

We did go for the skyroof but you can't see it from inside with the bed up can you? I remember the OH saying we could look at the stars at night.

We didn't really make a big conscious decision about this it was 709 euro and we just went with the flow and it became part of all the extras. In fact we didn't even notice that the Van at NEC didn't have one.

We did debate about an auto gearbox and in the end went with it mainly for resale purposes.

We will have saved quite a bit of money importing a LHD drive vehicle but won't have the luxury of a local dealer like you. I assume we will be travelling to Germany each year for its habitation check. Mind you we will make it part of a tour anyway.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Sussexlad, I can feel your excitement from here ;) Welcome to the fun (y)

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
We ordered the skyroof in the end. We have a long five/six months to wait now. I'll look forward to seeing your messages as you will get your MH before we get ours. Feeling happy for you, good luck.

OP
OP
S
Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks garjanco good luck to you too. Actually by the time I have got through the import/registration stage you may be ahead of us. We will see.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
You will enjoy every minute you have it :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back