We have a new Forum Section - Small Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I'm a fan. (y) Unfortunately they don't meet our needs (electric wheelchair & associated kit), but the small Romahome is as near you will get to a Tardis without becoming a Time Lord. Clever design.

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
Small, you mean like dis un? ;)

iso-isetta-06 (1).jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
I like the concept of the romahome but why are they so expensive compared to coachbuilt mhs

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
What about your Bongo @Chocy boy Have you still got it
We loved your tales you told us about your first outings in it x

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If you are a fan of the Romahome or similar sized vans then we now have a place to discuss them. :) . here.
Linky No Worky:doh:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A friend of mine who works for Howards in Taunton has just decided to become a dealership for Romahome, hence the advert above.

We do see a few at rallies but not that many. He's convinced there is a good market for single motorhomers who want just one vehicle to be an everyday drive and a motorhome at weekends, I suppose the Romahome does that very well. If Siân ever leaves me I might look at one, until then, for me at least they are about 15ft too short and missing a slideout :)

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
A friend of mine who works for Howards in Taunton has just decided to become a dealership for Romahome, hence the advert above.

We do see a few at rallies but not that many. He's convinced there is a good market for single motorhomers who want just one vehicle to be an everyday drive and a motorhome at weekends, I suppose the Romahome does that very well. If Siân ever leaves me I might look at one, until then, for me at least they are about 15ft too short and missing a slideout :)
Si has just bought a motorhome with his own, actual, money!

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
I've recently bought a Renault Master ex NHS passenger transporter. It's got a wedge ramp on the back.

It's shorter than my old motorhome (anyone remember Hexie lol) but a joy to drive. My son and I are busy making a camper in the front two thirds of it, leaving the ramp in place so I can load my electric wheelchair.

I'm looking forward to joining in again at rallies and outings. I've missed you guys :)

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
If you are a fan of the Romahome or similar sized vans then we now have a place to discuss them. :)

Presumably for small people??

Just asking as some say :)

Arosview

Free Member
Mar 16, 2022
Moray, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Winghamm Micro
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie to both the forum and motorhomes, I have a Wingamm Micro, mine is based on a VW T5. These are quite short but much taller than the standard VS camper. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice as to what kind of awnings are available ( preferably drive away)
Regards Dave

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie to both the forum and motorhomes, I have a Wingamm Micro, mine is based on a VW T5. These are quite short but much taller than the standard VS camper. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice as to what kind of awnings are available ( preferably drive away)
Regards Dave
I love the wingamms. Very clever designs, but you don't see many about.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I had 2 Romahomes and 3 Bedford Bambis between 1985 and 1994. Toured extensively in Europe. Best fun ever and I sold everyone of them at a substantial profit.

MyBambi5Mar08outside.jpg

Bambi G3 trailer.jpg

Three of us cooked and slept in it (me, son and DIL) on a 3 week tour.
CNV00002_03.JPG

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I've recently bought a Renault Master ex NHS passenger transporter. It's got a wedge ramp on the back.

It's shorter than my old motorhome (anyone remember Hexie lol) but a joy to drive. My son and I are busy making a camper in the front two thirds of it, leaving the ramp in place so I can load my electric wheelchair.

I'm looking forward to joining in again at rallies and outings. I've missed you guys :)
Hello fellow BSE funster. Look forward to seeing you at a rally. JAWS Thetford bash maybe if it’s finished by the end of May.
Phil

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
We have an Autosleeper Mezan,a copy of the Romahome,and it suits our lifestyle now as it parks like a car and has a porta potti in it,and at ages over 80 it is perfect for us! I have adapted an Air Awning to suit the back habitation door and with a bit of discipline it works on site!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back