LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Having had hold ups in Calais at the end of June due to My Ferry link ex workers causing the closure of Calais Port we are please to report that we have made it back into Euroland without any great problems.
Seven weeks in the UK visiting friends and family, enjoying the weather, cheap fuel, great food and drink. But all good things have to come to an end I am told, so we wake this morning our clocks are wrong, we can change that, we drive in the other lane, (most times,) the sun shines (forecasted) a different language is needed to buy the bread, not required to buy the fuel, the pump is automatic, just give it a card and it gives you fuel.
The pleasure of being FREE to travel without complications is just great. We are motorhomers, we can come and go as we wish, occasionally somethings are put in our way, but thats soon overcome and forgotten. Enjoy.
AMEN.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
You post has lifted my heart. I am off a week on Monday and my fears have gone and been replaced with nothing but excitement and joy.

Aren't we lucky.

We are indeed ! Two weeks and we are off for a good few weeks .. Cant wait !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Well after a very wet day yesterday things are looking better. Today's weather was much better, although not what is expected for August. Currently on an aire at Collonges-la-Rouge watching the French scurry off when the authorities call for the 5 Euro fee. Half the aire emptied late afternoon!

Tomorrow we go to meet up with friends of many nationalities before we all compete in the French orienteering championships. Hoping for good weather for the next week or two.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Kindred spirits!
We are off in 10 days time after our annual visit to family and the usual mots etc etc.
Thinking of the Tunnel. Safe bet or should I be thinking differently? (Heading to the Dusseldorf Show ....... and to infinity and beyond!

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The Tunnel is getting more publicity from the media regarding security breakdown.
What happened in June and July regarding Ferry Ports was the direct action of My Ferry Link ex workers.
Our passage through and into Calais was smooth and without any problems, I would therefore regard this as a suitable choice.

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
You post has lifted my heart. I am off a week on Monday and my fears have gone and been replaced with nothing but excitement and joy.

Aren't we lucky.
Same day as us, nothing planned just going don't care where we go, just want to relax with a nice wine or two and that lovely french bread.
Keith..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger

Aren't we lucky.

When our non motorhoming friends and family give us that curious look when we announce that we are off on our travels again in our little 6 x 2.4 white box...they really just don't get it!:).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back