We drove to the Plitvice National Park in Croatia! (1 Viewer)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Thank you for refreshing my memory! Took my kids to what was then Yugoslavia in 1985 and we visited Plitvice. Were warned not to stray from the paths as there were wild bears in the woods, so of course my son wanted us to head into the hills... The clear water in lakes and the sea was beautiful to see.
We stayed in a hotel just outside Zadar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
brings back merores of out trip back in 1989 with our boys we camped then but it was a grate place to visit
bill

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Same post twice it seems!!

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
You didn't drive to the Plitvic Lakes by any chance did you???:)

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Do you mean the famous ones ?

Yes - those famous ones - did you bump into a young couple videoing themselves - the guy has a heck of a job stoping himself falling over his girlfriend :) I think she's a little camera shy tho!! :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the guy has a heck of a job stoping himself falling over his girlfriend

Ah, young love. Were you not like that once ?

I've forgotten. I guess I was young once. But never made it to The Famous Plitvice Lakes, unless, of course, I've forgotten that too.

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ah, young love. Were you not like that once ?

I've forgotten. I guess I was young once. But never made it to The Famous Plitvice Lakes, unless, of course, I've forgotten that too.

Yep - but used to fall on top of mine - but didn't get any complaints :)

You've forgotten again!! Don't worry it really is just your age - by the way they call them the Infamous Plitvice Lakes now - they are a Fun place apparently :)

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Look - this post is lagging sooo much behind its mates:)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

We drove to The Famous Plitvice Lakes in our camper and documented the whole thing on video, enjoy!

Don't worry about the noises off. It'll be visiting time soon and after that they'll be taken back to bed. :)

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Loved the video, was there ourselves end of August-September and went to the lakes which we loved, however Croatia didn't do it for us, in fact we couldn't get out of there fast enough - enjoyed your holiday more than ours though :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Overcrowded campsites that resembled gypsy sites, and some of the small villages the satnav took us through on the way to the lakes were more like war zones than neighborhoods - some of the buildings still had no doors an windows in yet people were still living there, it seemed like a very poor country - inland - coastline and the lakes were very nice = end of IMO ... we headed straight back to Slovenia.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Overcrowded campsites that resembled gypsy sites, and some of the small villages the satnav took us through on the way to the lakes were more like war zones than neighborhoods - some of the buildings still had no doors an windows in yet people were still living there, it seemed like a very poor country - inland - coastline and the lakes were very nice = end of IMO ... we headed straight back to Slovenia.

I think this is a really good example of peoples differing tastes; We went to Croatia for third time this year and absolutely loved it. Would agree that some of the campsites are a bit crowded but the scenery is amazing, some lovely towns and the sea is lovely and clear and the sun shined on us with a nice breeze. Wonderful.

But one mans meat another mans poison as they say.

Jon

DuncanH

Free Member
Mar 10, 2015
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Since 2015
Went to Plitvice this year, not with van, loved the place. Probably take van to Croatia in next couple of years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back