We did it! (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:smiley: and we will definitely be going back!! Where? France :smiley: Mr Spritely still cant drive and I did all the driving :smiley: I was so nervous because it's my first time driving our new van and my first time driving abroad but with all the good advice from fellow funsters and being able to follow son-in-law it was really easy and we had a fabulous time :smiley: the best bits are too many to mention and there were no real worst bits apart from being lowered into the bowels of the ferry on the way back and having to reverse into a space :frowny: but even that went without a hitch thanks to the very nice ferry workers :smiley: my face must have said it all when I realised what was going to happen :smiley: So thanks fellow funsters and apologies to any of you we passed in France without waving :smiley: Next trip over the water I'll be brave enough to let go of the steering wheel long enough to wave ::bigsmile:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Good to hear you had such a great trip. It is scary at first--wrong side of road, big vehicle, first time driving onto a ferry, but the roads are quieter and the views bigger. You'll be an old hand on the next trip!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
You've obviously had a ball and gained a lot of confidence too... Fantastic! Hope you have many more fun-filled travels :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Next trip over the water I'll be brave enough to let go of the steering wheel long enough to wave
You know you can keep one hand on the wheel while you wave with the other don't you
c0106.gif

Sounds like you had fun & built up lots of confidence - I suppose I might one day, & manage to get to France!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh what a lovely positive post, sounds as if you had a great time. :Smile:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Wow impressed well done you. Hope to see you at Shell island and you can try and talk me into driving our van lol
Kate xxx love from u three

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Wow impressed well done you. Hope to see you at Shell island and you can try and talk me into driving our van lol
Kate xxx love from u three
:smiley: We cant make Shell Island now as Pete's mum moved into a rest home while we were away and we have to help pack up her flat and sort things out for her but we will be at Pembrey where I shall regale you with tales of our French experience :smiley: and definitely talk you into driving your van :smiley: c'est tre bon and easy peasy :smiley:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Look forward to seeing you at Pembrey :) not convinced of the c'est tre Bon easy peasy bit though lol x
Kate x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back