We collect the new van tomorrow! (1 Viewer)

Dazcaz

Free Member
May 1, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years of MHing. Many more Camping
As it says, tomorrow, all things going to plan, we collect our new (to us) Bessacarr 769.
It's huge! I'm a little bit afraid that we may have bought a van too big to use. With this in mind, we are keeping our 17 year old Authohomes Wanderer Equipe. This will give us the best of both worlds. A large van for longer trips away, and the Great Dorset Steam Fair, and a normal sized van for trips to small towns, railways, and places where we'd never get the new van.

Excited and scared in Equal measure :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Great news post some photos if you have time. Safe travels and enjoy!!

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Just looked at one on the interwebbythingynet. It's huge! You could probably tow @eddievanbitz's gin palace behind it on an A frame. Should be luxurious, with enough room to graze a few horses.

OP
OP
Dazcaz

Dazcaz

Free Member
May 1, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years of MHing. Many more Camping
Huge, yes! I'm still struggling to come to terms with how big it is. There are many vans of similar size about according to this and other groups, yet driving home from Brum yesterday, I saw many motorhomes, but none this long... So where are all these "we've had not trouble getting ours anywhere" motorhomes? :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Huge, yes! I'm still struggling to come to terms with how big it is. There are many vans of similar size about according to this and other groups, yet driving home from Brum yesterday, I saw many motorhomes, but none this long... So where are all these "we've had not trouble getting ours anywhere" motorhomes? :)
A lovely spec home from home enjoy!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
As it says, tomorrow, all things going to plan, we collect our new (to us) Bessacarr 769.
It's huge! I'm a little bit afraid that we may have bought a van too big to use. With this in mind, we are keeping our 17 year old Authohomes Wanderer Equipe. This will give us the best of both worlds. A large van for longer trips away, and the Great Dorset Steam Fair, and a normal sized van for trips to small towns, railways, and places where we'd never get the new van.

Excited and scared in Equal measure :)
images (4)_2.jpg

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
This is going to make keeping up with the Jones with two vans :D

Enjoy :)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
@Dazcaz Good luck for the hand over today and once you get it out on the road, the length won't be a problem.

A few photos are always welcome (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I bet your wakened already. Hopefully an exciting day ahead. Enjoy and post some photos. Hope all goes well.

Aug 19, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Concord
Exp
Since 2009
After one trip the new van will seem normal and you will wonder how you managed with smaller !!

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
We are 8'1 metres and i dont have any issues, but i dont try and get it anywhere stupid. Anything smaller seems like a hutch.

Just be patient, and remember , people will be more scared now you are bigger. Works for me anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back