We are on a typical France passion (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0661.JPG
This is a typical France passion stop , came yesterday , saw a farmer loading bales and a woman in the house , since then havnt seen anyone trying to sell stuff just the list if you want.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Lucky it was the right farm!
Do you mean they are hard to find, if so you are dead right but this one had five signs where you could see them as well,. Bonus(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
Yes, the ones we have stayed at had decent signage. Love the system but I reckon it costs us more !

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We have worked out that it does cost money on top of the 25 nicker, purely because we are british and "feel" oblige to purchase.
However, we have got it down quite well now. Vineyard passion sites we buy the bottle of wine for the night, probably already having had a taster, and we end up drinking decent bottle of wine for normally 5 euros and staying the night. It really cant be that bad even for me.
We have bought ostrich and deer, where we wouldnt have done, but well chuffed with the ostrich meat. Honey is another decent purchase for me as a beekeeper. Lavender products are good for presents and we havent paid over a fiver (apart from bambi and the big bird)
Off to Gascogne region for a bit and they are mainly foie gras down there so dont quite know what we think of that yet.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We have worked out that it does cost money on top of the 25 nicker, purely because we are british and "feel" oblige to purchase.
However, we have got it down quite well now. Vineyard passion sites we buy the bottle of wine for the night, probably already having had a taster, and we end up drinking decent bottle of wine for normally 5 euros and staying the night. It really cant be that bad even for me.
We have bought ostrich and deer, where we wouldnt have done, but well chuffed with the ostrich meat. Honey is another decent purchase for me as a beekeeper. Lavender products are good for presents and we havent paid over a fiver (apart from bambi and the big bird)
Off to Gascogne region for a bit and they are mainly foie gras down there so dont quite know what we think of that yet.
There is a good aires at Bastide d'Armagnac if you are short of Passion places. I've had the Passion book many times, including this year's, but not done many sites. We know Gascony quite well, go every year, lovely and quiet but it is not a normal tourist destination.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
It does cost a bit more buying from France passion farms etc. But you have to eat and drink anyway so we put it towards the food/drink.
Dont go looking for them these days but if we happen on one we use it. (there is one very near Malleraie sur Seine Aire).
Phil

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It does cost a bit more buying from France passion farms etc. But you have to eat and drink anyway so we put it towards the food/drink.
Dont go looking for them these days but if we happen on one we use it. (there is one very near Malleraie sur Seine Aire).
Phil
We have started doing it the other way, pick a fp but if we drop on an aire we like the look of, stop there, neither can be booked so no problems

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Keep meaning to get one of the France Passion books.

Are the places generally open all year?

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Great we're probably not going through the tunnel until perhaps sept/oct
we loved France/Spain last year but thought we missed out on the smaller stop off points.

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
I'm not sure I should google this subject i maybe embarrassed

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Have finally got round to ordering one! Been meaning to the last 2 or 3 years and not got round to it.

We going over for 3 months September and then again for another month in January.

Denise

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Stayed on a couple of FP sites, one Spanish and one Italian. In none of them was there any pressure to buy anything. Lovely one in Burgundy and we hoped to buy a bottle of wine but we left it too late on a Saturday hoping to buy one on the Sunday morning but the farmer had gone out.
I think these passions are brilliant. Give them a go. There are equivalent sites in Spain and Italy (and possibly elsewhere).

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We're 'virgins' this year on FP sites.
Yes we have bought the odd crate (or three ) of wine but at the equiv. of €2.25 a litre they're hardly robbing us.
Last place was beside a river, (navigable) under the shade of a willow tree with a glass or two of plonk with the table and chairs out.

Dec 31, 2016
Scotland and Chef Boutonne
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 2010
Use F P regularly and never felt obliged to buy, although we often do. Watch out for generous wine tastings - a good but sometimes expensive stop! Some offer evening meal, which can be handy, as you have to book in advance. Met some really nice people, owners and other M/homers. Had some basic ones, but enjoyed them all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back