wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Totally unplanned route took us through the Verdun Gorge today, I guess sometimes I just get lucky:D
image.jpg

It starts off with a nice river, how come the water here is that lovely greeny blue?

image.jpg

Then it gets deeper
image.jpg

Nowhere to stop on the drive through so was supprised to find a spot around a corner.
image.jpg

This looks a lot lower from inside the van:D

image.jpg

Wasn't till I got out of the van I noticed the cave, it's deeper than it looks.
image.jpg

And higher, I nearly fell scrambling back down:D
image.jpg

Looking out:nerd:

image.jpg

Towards the end it widens out

image.jpg

To this, and again how does the water get that gorgeous colour?:)

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Another first, we are staying on our first French Aire tonight, in a little town called Rustrel, nice lil place will try to get some pics tomorrow.
Will have a look at Parc National des Cévennes tomorrow see what that's all about(y)
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Been travelling through Cévennes National park for the last couple of days, it's fecking huge and although it's beautiful, half the time your doing no more than 20mph up and down very narrow roads and can't see a damn thing for trees, anyway yesterday we came out of the trees to a gorgeous sunny day and saw some more great scenery.

But very slow internet prevents me from posting pics at the mo so will do it later.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Yet another bit of France to go on our list of must visits.

When we get to sell the house, buy the motorhome and get the hell out of the workplace it's going to be difficult to know where to go first.:)

And you're not making it any easier you know.;)

Thank God for digital cameras and memory sticks. Nowadays you can click away like a maniac, chuck out the rubbish ones and even improve the rest. I hark back to those days of taking the film to the chemist and then getting back a load of photos with heads missing, shaken not stirred and just the odd one or two that looked half decent.;)

Thanks again, keep them coming please.(y)

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Today was Carcassonne day, was suppose to be yesterday but we lost it:LOL: Again I think it's a must see and to be fair it needs whole day to do it justice but the OH just can't do all day, but we did get a few pics, one little tip to anyone using the Motorhome Aire to park in, make sure you pay for your parking over in the CAR park before you try to leave or else you end up having to reverse back out from the exit, a bit embarrassing if there is are others behind you:blush: But at least two others made the same mistake as thicko here:doh:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There were 5 guys singing acapello akapella without music, in the church, they were fantastic could have listened all day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Parked just a few miles up the road from Lourdes in a camp site called Camping Deth-Potz http://www.deth-potz.fr despite the name it's a cracking little site if you like a bit of peace and relaxation, it's got a brand new toilet and shower block with washing machines and dryers, a pool and it's well away from main roads so quiet but only a cycle ride away from a supermarket although some of that is uphill so you will need to be reasonably fit:sneaky:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thanks for the write up Tim, enjoying the travel with you, not been to Cevennes National Park area, that is now on our next list (y)

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Thank you @DavidG58 it's no where near as good as your winter Scotland thread but I really don't know how you get the time, by the time I've done a few words and posted a few pics it's lights out time.
mind you I've done it all on iphone and 3G and a bit on Facebook for friends and family but it sure is a time waster;)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Don't you just hate it when you have to walk all that way to the toilet and cafe and site's so full you can barely get into a decent spot.:whistle:

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Yes my morning toilets never gonna be better than tomorrow;)

And if you hadn't guessed it's gonna be roughly where these pics were taken:D

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I love these motorway aires, always full to the brim:D
This one is almost hidden around the back of the main toilet rest area and must be a half a mile from the road itself, I can hardly hear the traffic and I've been sat outside the van for the last couple of hours (in the sun:cool:) and one car has driven through the inconsiderate barsteward:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back