We are off next week. Help on where to go please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by peterc10, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +34,642
    The fish looks wonderful Peter
    Hope the sun is shining on you all.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Busman

Busman Funster

Ratings:
    +2,515
    Which way you heading next Peter ??

3. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Ratings:
    +6,967
    Not sure Dave. Will look at the weather forecast tonight to see where the sun is. When I looked a couple of days ago the warmest places this coming week were in middle of Portugal.

What are your plans?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 9:32 AM
  4. Busman

Busman Funster

Ratings:
    +2,515
    Deciding where to go next over a beer :)
    IMG_20180415_140636__01.jpg IMG_20180415_144837__01.jpg

• Nice One! Nice One! x 2
  5. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Ratings:
    +6,967
  6. Busman

Busman Funster

Ratings:
    +2,515
    To have another beer (y)

Part of my exhaust has decided to extricate itself from the main so going to have to work on getting that fixed :-(

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +8,048
    Surely you can find a bit of old wire or string in the car park........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Busman

Busman Funster

Ratings:
    +2,515
    Having to drink beer from differant size beer cans to try and find one that fits pipe, hope I don't find one to soon :) as for wire/string no chance you know these FLT's anything for nothing x

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it Love it x 1
  9. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Ratings:
    +6,967
    We are still in Torre del Mar. We like the place as it's a nice little Spanish resort.

Sunday we went out with Mike and Sandra to explore the town and its watering holes. Started at Carmen, then to Barons where we were thrown out when we said we were mates with Dave and Jackie @BreweryDave (I may have made that last bit up). Then onto Italia for more drinks and some food before returning to Carmens and the beach.

Today we decided to share a BBQ. Nice piece of Pork roasted on the BBQ with jacket potatoes and mushrooms along with Cauliflower and flat beans.
    20180416_151538.jpg

We will be leaving tomorrow. Will check the weather forecasts in the morning but looks like we may be heading to Seville and then maybe into Portugal, as the weather appears to be looking better in the West for a while.

• Like it Like it x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Ratings:
    +2,743
    We had a lovely time with Ang and Peter. BBQ was best we have had for ages well cooked Peter. Safe onward travels and hope to see you next time. Mike and Sandra

• Like it Like it x 3
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  11. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +3,681
    You might be going down to Portugal. But we are going to Peterborough So there. And we will have some fish and chips.. Would we swap. Ok yes we would. So we will have to wait until September before we get down there . .

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Ratings:
    +6,967
    You would think that at my age I would learn from my mistakes wouldn't you ........

Last year at about this time we had a nightmare journey around Seville trying to get from Cadiz to El Rocio. That was because there was a huge Fiesta at Seville. Now guess what? It happens every year! So why did I decide to try to visit Seville today???

Nightmare stop go traffic on the ring road, the exit the sat nav tried to take me to the Aire was blocked as were the next 3 it wanted me to use. Traffic coming at us from all angles, police everywhere waving me on and no bloody signs. Blood pressure rising and I decided to abort on the simple principle that even if I could get to the Aire ir was sure to be full.

So chose the first motorway that had no queues on it and headed west. Once out of town we stopped to look at our options. We decided to go back to El Rocio and stop at the campsite there. Nice and warm when we got there so did some sunbathing and a quick dip in the pool. This is a nice place to stay.

Just returned from an OK meal at the campsite bar and have agreed we are going to stay another night to calm down.

• Like it Like it x 6
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 2
  13. cruiser

Ratings:
    +3,681
    Oh well the best of plans. You know the rest. Glad you are safe. Now where is that bottle of red.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Ratings:
    +6,592
    Two years ago my sat-nav advised me to take a detour at Seville as the motorway ring road was congested and I agreed. What a mistake that was i was only directed through the centre of the city which was rammed. I know what you mean by the rising blood pressure. Been there , done that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Ratings:
    +6,592
    Having a smashing time at La Azohia with Dave & Maggie, the weather is now perfect and I suspect all the snowbirds have left for home as the place is almost empty.
    IMG_6411.JPG IMG_6418.JPG IMG_6416.JPG IMG_6425.JPG IMG_6429.JPG

• Like it Like it x 4
  16. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Ratings:
    +6,967
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Ratings:
    +6,592
    You must have scared them off Peter. More left this morning and there's only around 20 in total left. It's been sizzling here the last few days and we leave tomorrow for another FLT spot past Aguilas and a visit to Anibal service station on route.

18. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Ratings:
    +6,967
    Phil

There were not many when we were there as well. No more than 30 we reckoned. The difference is in the weather. A couple of weeks ago it was cold, windy and cloudy.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it Love it x 1
  19. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Ratings:
    +6,967
    The weather today was perfect so we spent the day topping up the feeble tan we have got so far. Nice relaxing day and we hardly moved off the pitch.

That may be because I think we are now on the best campsite pitch we have ever had in Spain.
    20180418_194838.jpg
    And yes your eyes are not deceiving you, we have lots of GRASS. And plenty of room as well and a nice wide road to easily get in and out of the pitch. A drain on the pitch and a tap nearby. I am spoilt rotten.

Mind you most of the other pitches aren't this good. And all the site roads are dirt roads. But then if you don't like dirt roads you shouldn't visit El Rocio!

• Like it Like it x 4
  20. cruiser

Ratings:
    +3,681
    Oh dear trust you . Glad that you are happy. We go to p/boro tomorrow . Weather looking good.

• Like it Like it x 2