Free Member
Mar 25, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Hi again.
I am writing a kind of emotional piece here so bear with me and no need to weep!
We bought the MH because I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder. Why? Because husband and I have accompanied my mother (90 now and in care) through every stage of dementia, where I stopped work and was primary carer non-stop for 8 years. Hard and stressful. Autoimmune often sets in after high stress events, especially marathon ones like ours was/is.

Last Sunday we collected our pretty princess for a little trip to our local forest, just to get to know her and her innards a bit better. Don't laugh, the length of the trip was 4 kms in total, two there and two back, because we live beside a wonderful forest park that goes on endlessly.

As hubby backed her out of the parking space, the cathedral bells directly above our heads started chiming out that it was 12 o'clock. Sheer coincidence. I suddenly got this 'message' in my head that the heavens were smiling. I read somewhere that the church bell occupies the space between heaven and earth, so ringing a bell unites both spheres. Free at last. Free to move, to travel, to explore this glorious land of ours. I felt my Dad and hubby's Dad were "delighted" to see us both free after so many years of being tied to the house and close vicinity.

Very emotional for me. A bit of a shock.

Now we are planning to escape for a few days after Easter. How very exciting.
Sorry about that. But imagine there may be others out there for whom having a MH means a great deal too.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Yes, to travel freely is great for the mind and spirit. I have mobility issues wheelchair/crutches user and our Motorhome enables us to travel where we want to and explore the more accessible places.

We use Eurotunnel to make things easier, my wife also gets a good well deserved break!

I wish you many happy travels!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Just read your post and so glad for you that even with your diagnosis you are able now to follow your own path in life.
You have given so much for your family . Cry , grieve and then follow your dreams !
Happy motor homing and whether the journey is long or short enjoy:sun:

Upvote 0

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Good on you both. Go everywhere you can, see everything you can. I'm glad I made the most of my motorhome while I could, as also an a.i. person and it has set in with a vengeance at the moment.
Relax and enjoy. :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Paddyfrog

Free Member
Mar 25, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Good on you both. Go everywhere you can, see everything you can. I'm glad I made the most of my motorhome while I could, as also an a.i. person and it has set in with a vengeance at the moment.
Relax and enjoy. :)

Hallo Hollyberry, I haven't yet found out how to PM someone, so pls excuse my comments just aimed at you here. So wondering if you have access to all the functional medicine approaches to a.i.? I was diagnosed with Graves' (hyperthyroid) disease in Jan. Already I can see my antibodies reducing (very early, so extra thrilled), and hope to 'shed' my conventional (totally out of date endocrinologist) in May. But this would be better in a private message so I'll wait till someone tells me how.
Be well, be very well.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Paddyfrog

Free Member
Mar 25, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
So, I've met up with two other autoimmuners here already.
Had planned to zip off to la sud de la France for the week, but dogged by pretty overcast weather. We live here full time, so decided to plug on at work and postpone our trip for another week. But the excitement and pleasure of actually owning a MH is sinking in. Got our lightweight picnic chair and table yesterday. Am sorting out towels, crockery, making a list of what we need to put on board. A whole new world of possibilities opens up. Especially, there is a medieval house in the Lozère region that I have had my heart on buying (lots of work), now we have a MH, restoring far from our current home becomes possible. Husband is losing his resistance to having a holiday home down there. Oh joy, all the possibilities.....

Upvote 0

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
As the saying goes every thing comes to he/she who waits.

My wife looked after my Gran for many years so we know what it's like.

Go forth and enjoy your time has arrived (y)

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As other have said, it your time now, enjoy it because by goodness I reckon you have earned it.

Martin

Upvote 0
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Go out in it when ever you can, make it all comfy and think of it as home from home, then wherever you go you'll have your home with you but the scenery changes..... a breath of fresh air every day...(y)

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I wouldn't want the responsibility of a brick and mortar holiday home. There are a couple in the village here and when the owners come all they seem to do is work and repair them .... not my idea of a holiday.

One of the holiday homes appears to have been abandoned - and it is such a mess. I am not sure what (if anything) can be done. The trees and bushes that were encroaching from the garden onto the road have been chopped back (and the off cuts returned to the garden) but apart from that???? No one even knows if the owners are still alive. the council has it recorded as derelict and unfit for habitation so no council tax records :(

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back