Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Hi -- we bought one last October with another 19 years to go -- so far so good but its early days -- hope none of the things mentioned happen to us :whatthe:-- in the meantime we'll enjoy it because so far we can only say 'fabulous' and really glad we have done it :clap2::smiley:
Sheila

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi -- we bought one last October with another 19 years to go -- so far so good but its early days -- hope none of the things mentioned happen to us :whatthe:-- in the meantime we'll enjoy it because so far we can only say 'fabulous' and really glad we have done it :clap2::smiley:
Sheila
Not wishing to prolong this, as iv made my point but do you mean a holiday static or a park home, because if it's a holiday one I would be surprised if they let you keep the same one for twenty years, usually it's ten or fifteen if you let them inspect it every year

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Not wishing to prolong this, as iv made my point but do you mean a holiday static or a park home, because if it's a holiday one I would be surprised if they let you keep the same one for twenty years, usually it's ten or fifteen if you let them inspect it every year
Definitely 20 :smiley: -- its a holiday static

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I know of some holiday chalets in Pembrokeshire which are right on the beach.

Not particularly well built but ok and around £50k.

999 year lease with about 950 years to run.

Site fees about £500 per annum.

Obviously electric and council tax on top but better long term value than a static in my opinion.

Planning restricted to 11 months occupation in any 12 month period which is not enforced ( and never has been ) by the Local Authority.

The leases are also defective so that £500 a year is pretty much fixed ( it's index linked) but no nasty surprises in years to come.
Sounds good - what site/where in Pembrokeshire please?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
my brother has a residential park home as a second home. I believe it was 30 grand and there is a ground rent of around 3k per year. It is by the beach and has two bedrooms.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
We have a Lodge in the lakes, running costs of approx £6500 a year, with a 30 year lease, used exstensively by ourselves, daughter and son.
There is a residents website where they are prepared to get together and fight any changes if the owning company tries to make changes which we dont want. If we were to sell then there is a 7% fee to the site whether they sell it or or you sell it. As i said we all use it so at the moment it is worth it.
See a few which are bought and then hardly used at all, dont understand why they do it.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have a Lodge in the lakes, running costs of approx £6500 a year, with a 30 year lease, used exstensively by ourselves, daughter and son.
There is a residents website where they are prepared to get together and fight any changes if the owning company tries to make changes which we dont want. If we were to sell then there is a 7% fee to the site whether they sell it or or you sell it. As i said we all use it so at the moment it is worth it.
See a few which are bought and then hardly used at all, dont understand why they do it.
Lodges and park homes, are a compleatly different kettle of fish, the op did say statics so I was assuming they ment a static caravan which is what I have been commenting on, and really are the biggest scam imaginable

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sounds good - what site/where in Pembrokeshire please?

They are at Freshwater East just outside Pembroke.

I think it's called Trewent Park.

Have a look on Rightmove and type in Freshwater East with a minimum value do £45k and a Max of £55k.

Some of the more expensive ones have been made to look quite nice, but some of the cheaper ones are a bit run down but much, much closer to the beach so if I were buying again I would look at location rather than condition because they are pretty cheap to fit out.

Cheers

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
It was a tax free way of getting rid of 'unwanted' cash. Now there's 20% VAT on holiday homes......

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Lodges and park homes, are a compleatly different kettle of fish, the op did say statics so I was assuming they ment a static caravan which is what I have been commenting on, and really are the biggest scam imaginable

Oh dear :think: :worried: ----- Sheila

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Congratulations Doris, (y)you must have the patience and the tenacity of a caged tiger.........

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
OK, but it was a free offer, all work carried out by dedicated professional, with 50 years experience in a field........:)

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
OK, but it was a free offer, all work carried out by dedicated professional, with 50 years experience in a field........:)
You've lost me now so going to the pub across the river from our doomed caravan to recover and hoping your boat sinks due to bertha
Meanwhile wishing the OP all the best if they go ahead -- (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
I doubt you'll get many motorhome owners thinking you've made the right choice .....its the same with every passion I had dozens of people in the vw scene tell me I'd regret buying a motorhome and a few caravan owners do the same.

At the end of the day one must do what is right for them or what they believe is right at the time ......good luck with your new venture and if it doesn't work out its okay motorhomes will not be in short demand so you can buy another

I've had every form of camping vessel from tent to camper to caravan to motorhome .....not went down the static route yet as I like a different view every time but I can see the appeal to some

Ignore the doom and gloom stories it all depends on your choices

Best of luck

Familyguy

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi pamella, nice to hear you are taking a big step into static ownership!! Eeek! Lol I'm sure you will enjoy it. I've worked in caravan sales for the last 12 years on holiday parks with a couple of the big companies. I have been a sales manager for the last 6 years and I'm proud to say that if any of my team feel buying a static won't benefit you, we won't sell you one! Once you buy a static, yes you are on the same park for, hopefully, many years to come, why would any park team want to have a park with disgruntled owners? Isn't it better to fill a park with owners and families who love to be there and understand everything about the benefits, running costs, what options you have if you decide to move or sell up? I understand exactly why so many people are anti static. Unfortunately the industry is tarnished with stories of sales people giving bad advice in the past but things are changing, just want say try not to tar every park or company with the same brush. There are ins and outs, pros and cons of ownership and would always recommend you find out about the most important things. Like; length of season, winter storage, annual running costs including safety tests, sublet capabilities etc. static ownership is not for everyone, there are also lots of rumours flying around about how you are treated by the park owners which aren't always true. If you or anyone else have any questions as to what issues may arise from static ownership, give me a shout. Hope you have a great time! :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi pamella, nice to hear you are taking a big step into static ownership!! Eeek! Lol I'm sure you will enjoy it. I've worked in caravan sales for the last 12 years on holiday parks with a couple of the big companies. I have been a sales manager for the last 6 years and I'm proud to say that if any of my team feel buying a static won't benefit you, we won't sell you one! Once you buy a static, yes you are on the same park for, hopefully, many years to come, why would any park team want to have a park with disgruntled owners? Isn't it better to fill a park with owners and families who love to be there and understand everything about the benefits, running costs, what options you have if you decide to move or sell up? I understand exactly why so many people are anti static. Unfortunately the industry is tarnished with stories of sales people giving bad advice in the past but things are changing, just want say try not to tar every park or company with the same brush. There are ins and outs, pros and cons of ownership and would always recommend you find out about the most important things. Like; length of season, winter storage, annual running costs including safety tests, sublet capabilities etc. static ownership is not for everyone, there are also lots of rumours flying around about how you are treated by the park owners which aren't always true. If you or anyone else have any questions as to what issues may arise from static ownership, give me a shout. Hope you have a great time! :)
Nice sales pitch. And you represent whom??

pegleg

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
12 years
Becareful ? my friend and wife bought a static caravan on a quiet campsite and after a year and half got told to remove it from the camp site has it was to old at there expess ,didn't get told that when they brought it from the camp site

Familyguy

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Nice sales pitch. And you represent whom??
Not a sales pitch at all, not prepared to say who I represent because then it would be a sales pitch! Just saying that not all parks are the same. My team on park have a genuine interest in new owners who join us as well as existing owners, as a result, I have no vacant pitches to sell, why would I need a sales pitch? Our owners are extremely happy and those who ever do wish that the time has come and want to sell up we support as good as the day they joined us! After all, what better business is there than having someone who wants to leave referring you to their friends and family because of that service? Just posted to let anyone know that if they do need advice, I'm here to ask. Not to self promote at all. I love my job, love to see families break away from the norm and spend quality time together at the seaside in a safe secure environment, doesn't get better than that really! :)

Familyguy

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have had a static and it's only one of a few stupid decisions I made.
till this day I still have the feeling of being legally mugged.
I once bought a car from a dealership, turned me upside down and inside out, mis-sold insurance finance and everything, doesn't mean I'd ever not buy a car again? What's the difference? Research the supplier first, look for feedback, speak to other people who have dealt with that supplier and you can't lose.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not a sales pitch at all, not prepared to say who I represent because then it would be a sales pitch! Just saying that not all parks are the same. My team on park have a genuine interest in new owners who join us as well as existing owners, as a result, I have no vacant pitches to sell, why would I need a sales pitch? Our owners are extremely happy and those who ever do wish that the time has come and want to sell up we support as good as the day they joined us! After all, what better business is there than having someone who wants to leave referring you to their friends and family because of that service? Just posted to let anyone know that if they do need advice, I'm here to ask. Not to self promote at all. I love my job, love to see families break away from the norm and spend quality time together at the seaside in a safe secure environment, doesn't get better than that really! :)
Good. Really pleased to hear all that. Being the expert then, perhaps you could outline the benefits, (as you see them), in purchasing a static, as opposed to buying a park home?? Is it correct that a holiday home owner has no legal rights apart from the trade descriptions act, where as residential park home owners have far more legal protection?

I have no vacant pitches to sell, why would I need a sales pitch?

And so, you would denounce those sites that once full, endeavour to oust existing customers, or brow beat them into buying an 'upgrade' for sales personnel commission purposes? It cant be easy being a sales manager, with a sales staff, and nothing to sell........:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back