Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Best wishes from Irene and me...
Going to miss you after all the rallies we used to meet at but health more important..
Enjoy the new chapter...

Thanks Steve and Irene, yes we have had some great times and we will miss everybody. I’m sure we will enjoy the static Caravan, the comfort and being able to go into Brid and Scarborough whenever we want.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry to hear but fully understand . Been great to have been friends with you for so long .. Best wishes for the future .SUGGY n Rosie

Thanks Graham and Rosie, we were ready, Motorhoming was getting too much for both of us and there comes a time when you have to make a tough decision for the sake of your health.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Ginny and Mike, sorry to hear your news. It’s a tough decision to have to make, we know, as we made the same decision just about a year ago. Like you, we have made so many friends, through Motorhome Fun. Rallying, and holidaying with Funsters has given us some of the best years of our lives. It’s tough at first, when you read of some of the rallies that are coming up. You will get used to not having the van anymore, I still have a look on the forum most days. Just see the “what’s new” section. And also I like to Hollyberry ‘s quiz each day. It also keeps me in touch with what other Funsters are up to. We still consider ourselves part of this huge crazy family, and hope you will too. We wish you both all the best for the future, take care both. From Pamelaaar and Brisey xxxxx

Thank you so much Pam and Brian, you have hit the nail on the head, but we realised that our health must come first and having a static caravan to go to - particularly as Malc and Anne have just bought one at Gransmoor Lodge - will make all the difference, we can still get away and be in comfort as well.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Sorry to read this Ginny, we have had many happy times together over the years, 😉 the introduction of hot pork pies and proper mushy peas, we missed the time at La Manga when you had to cut the awning of the motorhome in your nightie. 😁
We know your making the right decision and sure you and Mike will enjoy whatever you get up to, 🙂 I told Janie she said she will message you. Take care. Bob Janie and Izzy. xxx

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Ginny, Mike and Charlie.
Sue and I are very sad that you have decided to hang up the keys to motorhoming but we understand the reasons.
We have some wonderful memories of you all.
You are lucky you still have Charlie as I'm sure Sue would have nabbed him ( see attached pictures) as she often talks about you all.

View attachment 409643View attachment 409644

Steve & Sue

What lovely photos, I think they were taken at Benicarlo some years ago? That was a wonderful rally and we are really sorry we wont be going to Spain again. You are right Sue tried to pinch my Charlie a couple of times, and to be honest he loved her too, even when he hadn’t seen her for months. Lovely times!!

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
It was a pleasure having known you. Jean and myself wish you both a long and happy retirement from motorhoming, in whatever you choose to do. :france:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
That’s the one, very quiet and relaxing and an excellent restaurant.
I lived just off the Leven to Brandesburton Road. We had friends who lived on there, some years back they bought a place in Beeford, and have now moved to Fleetwood, to be near their Daughter.

The 158 Squadron Memorial, is cut from steel plate, If you see it just before sunset, with the sun behind, it`s really eerie, as the Characters look almost "alive". A Lot of Canadians Visit.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I lived just off the Leven to Brandesburton Road. We had friends who lived on there, some years back they bought a place in Beeford, and have now moved to Fleetwood, to be near their Daughter.

The 158 Squadron Memorial, is cut from steel plate, If you see it just before sunset, with the sun behind, it`s really eerie, as the Characters look almost "alive". A Lot of Canadians Visit.

You are right, whenever we pass the memorial it is stunning, there are always lots of visitors.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
You are right, whenever we pass the memorial it is stunning, there are always lots of visitors.
Looks like Mike is getting his new Harley then Ginny that was the deal, and you must stand by your man as I am a witness 😇

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry to read this Ginny, we have had many happy times together over the years, 😉 the introduction of hot pork pies and proper mushy peas, we missed the time at La Manga when you had to cut the awning of the motorhome in your nightie. 😁
We know your making the right decision and sure you and Mike will enjoy whatever you get up to, 🙂 I told Janie she said she will message you. Take care. Bob Janie and Izzy. xxx

Don’t forget the mint sauce on top, you cant have pork pie and mushy peas without mint sauce!!

Yes La Manga was a real memory, a howling gale, an awning going in every direction with Mike cutting it off by the motorhome whilst I hung onto it and tried to stop it damaging anything, in my nighty! Next morning there was a small queue of people wanting any spare poles - great memories.

Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
Hi Ginny & Mike only just read your post, Perri & I send you our very best wishes for the future

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
sorry to here you are calling it a day can understand . you showed us the road to spain back in 2009 and we thank you for your advice and friendship .take care brenda and david

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
sorry to here you are calling it a day can understand . you showed us the road to spain back in 2009 and we thank you for your advice and friendship .take care brenda and david

Thanks David and Brenda, yes we have had some lovely times in Santa Suzanna, you will have to call in to see us when you are going to Scarborough.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Sad news but understandable,best wishes for the future.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Hi, well it‘s the end of an era - again! We have sold the Motorhome and cancelled the rallies and this time there will be no change of mind in 9 months‘ time.

We have loved going to France and Spain and the many, many Motorhomefun rallies we have attended over the 15 years we have been motorhoming. Most of all we have made some wonderful friends, some of whom will be greatly missed and others who we will be staying in contact with for a few years yet, hopefully!

With Mike’s health and all the problems associated with Covid and the difference it has and will make to the way we live and enjoy life in the future, we decided that this was the right time to call it a day.

We have put some motorhome essentials on Classified, so if you want a bargain, have a quick look.

Thanks and best wishes to you all.

Ginny and Michael (and Charlie)
Ginny, sad to read but fully understandable. Perhaps if we get a change to come to UK next year we can pop in for a catch-up. Regards to the old man from both of us.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I haven't met you but good luck on your futures. I have also sold up but continue to be a fun member. I still pop in quite often as not all the posts are about motorhomes anyway. I might buy another in the future when all this covid dies down eventually. Hope so anyway. I've also meet a few friends here and keep in touch

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Wishing all 3 of you the best! Our thanks for Benicarlo and some lovely memories . Still talk about the snake under our van and your speedy call to reception for us!
Great memories!
Luv
Bernie and Rona

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Wishing all 3 of you the best! Our thanks for Benicarlo and some lovely memories . Still talk about the snake under our van and your speedy call to reception for us!
Great memories!
Luv
Bernie and Rona

Those were the days, happy memories!!

Ginny and Mike

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Ginny, sad to read but fully understandable. Perhaps if we get a change to come to UK next year we can pop in for a catch-up. Regards to the old man from both of us.

That would be great John, it would be lovely to catch up again. best wishes to you and Dawn, and the old man is following instructions and behaving himself, for a change!

Ginny, Mike and Charlie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back