LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I’d check out vantage too. We were very tempted to go for one from them but there was a long wait for the auto base at the time.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Our water tanks are insulated and we have a tank heater says the sales bumf but I have never found the switch if there is one. We try and avoid very cold weather but when we have encountered it there have been no problems. Of course compromises, I would love a larger washroom but then we also like rear lounge and large single beds.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
I'm probably sounding like a broken record but have a look at Murvi. They are not a volume manufacturer like IH but for a spacious light interior in a PVC I have seen anything better.
Seconded.

Our Murvi Morocco XL is brilliant quality and has a massive rear storage cupboard - not as flashy as IH, but that is to our taste. The £20K + difference in price buys a lot of diesel and no PVC has a bigger more spacious lounge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Seconded.

Our Murvi Morocco XL is brilliant quality and has a massive rear storage cupboard - not as flashy as IH, but that is to our taste. The £20K + difference in price buys a lot of diesel and no PVC has a bigger more spacious lounge.
Yes great build quality but front lounge and I had no where to go after getting up first, going out for a walk and getting back if Caz was having a lie in.
Our Murvi Morello was great though otherwise.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes great build quality but front lounge and I had no where to go after getting up first, going out for a walk and getting back if Caz was having a lie in.
Our Murvi Morello was great though otherwise.
Do what a lot of men do when they want to have some 'quiet' time ... sit on the loo! :giggle:

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
S&L are lovely converters too
I would second that. S&L have superb workmanship and you can design your own camper. They are a long established family business and again are in Yorkshire/

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
I hadnt heard of S&L until isaw a second hand one on ebay,it was bronze and beautifull, (i cant remember if it was 40,or50 thou) out of my price range ,but a real beauty, i put a tongue in cheek posting on here and found out s&l were from selby, i am watching out for them now lol, for when my time comes to invest in another van 🤞

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Do what a lot of men do when they want to have some 'quiet' time ... sit on the loo! :giggle:
The new Malibu Charming 640 LE RE has the 'two rooms concept' according to their blurb, basically the bathroom door can be used a room divider to separate the bedroom area from the lounge / kitchen area.

OP
OP
P
Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Spoke to Nicola at iH today , it looks like the lead time for the van we want is around 17/18 months which suits us fine . We are going to visit the showroom in the near future to put some meat on the bones , thanx for all your replies.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Good luck to you. They are really nice people to deal with. That is a long wait. It will be worth it.

Last edited:
May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Good luck, it gives you plenty of time to think about it to be sure of what exactly you would like as regards fittings etc.

OP
OP
P
Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Can we just ask , how do people get on with the wet room situation in PVCs , water on the window blinds etc . Sorry for the maybe dumb question but we like to use our on board facilities .

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
We would all praise the PVCs that we own unless we had issues with them
To that effect I will recommend La Strada.

(Probably doesn’t narrow the field for you....)

May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Not a dumb question at all.
On both our first motorhome and the soon to be collected Ih we have not had a window in the wet room . Our Hymer has a roof vent and we have had no problems. As I understand it the Ih are all built with an extractor fan and light. You can , I think, have the extractor fan, window and roof vent if you wish. I am sure Nicola Hartley will be able to tell you, but pretty much, you can have whatever you wish.It’s your personal choice.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Vantage Sol
Another shout for Vantage here-incredible build quality. Downsized from Hymer and no regrets-so much easier to drive and worth every penny of the 70K. If you want to spend more you could look at RP motorhomes on Mercedes base-very swish.

May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
As in all things, it is down to personal choice and as folk have posted ,there are several companies building good quality PVCs . Everyone has different criteria. Ours was to have neither a sliding door or opening back doors, to have more lounging room instead of a dinette and fixed bed,plus we wanted a smaller vehicle than our current Hymer. We will sacrifice our large fridge/freezer and separate shower and loo plus will have to make up the bed at night.To us it is worth it, to many it would not be. Just depends what you want.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Can we just ask , how do people get on with the wet room situation in PVCs , water on the window blinds etc . Sorry for the maybe dumb question but we like to use our on board facilities .
Not all PVC's have a wet room setup.
Our shower is separate from the toilet area 👍

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Most with windows have a curtain that goes across and/or screen doors so that the water is contained within the shower tray part so the drying is kept to a minimum ... of course if you do have to mop up at least you'll have a lovely clean washroom each time!

Jun 4, 2010
Funster No
After an adria twin we got a globecar family scout L purely for the big lounge area. the only one at the time with big lounge area

At the end of the day it would be awfull if everyone had exactly the same

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
After an adria twin we got a globecar family scout L purely for the big lounge area. the only one at the time with big lounge area

At the end of the day it would be awfull if everyone had exactly the same
Rare beasties aren't they, we had one for a while.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
put the unused cushions in the well under the bed, but make sure that you don't block of the heating duct everything is a compromise, but it is a very expensive mistake if you get it wrong, good luck

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
put the unused cushions in the well under the bed, but make sure that you don't block of the heating duct everything is a compromise, but it is a very expensive mistake if you get it wrong, good luck
Eh? 🤪

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
The new Malibu Charming 640 LE RE has the 'two rooms concept' according to their blurb, basically the bathroom door can be used a room divider to separate the bedroom area from the lounge / kitchen area.
Check out Alan Kerr’s selection of Malibu

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back