We’ve done it! We’ve bought a Motorhome! (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
E8634E09-27CA-4C1D-8812-5208ACE2DE7A.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2021
North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 635 EK
Exp
I am a newbie
A very warm welcome Tony, Cheryl to the Motorhome family. My wife and I have just bought our first MH just 19 days ago!! We have also done two short trips away locally (N Norfolk) to get to know how everything works and learn how to set up etc.. it’s been great fun. We wish you well in your travels and there are some wonderful sites in Norfolk if you venture this way.

Squeak

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi All,

I’ve been on this forum for a couple of months now, mostly asking questions about potential purchases. Finally, we have put a deposit down on a motorhome, so perhaps it’s time to introduce ourselves.

Tony + Cheryl and a Lab puppy called Bonnie. North lincs area.

Our new motorhome is a Rapido 999M 2007 3.0 Auto. After the 6 hour car journey today I am sooo looking forward to an automatic. I can hardly bend my knee at the moment ☹️

We pickup in 4-6 weeks, so it’ll be a nice Christmas present. We’ll probably stick to the U.K. initially, mostly long weekends, but my job lets me work from anywhere, so we have some good options.

We’re now going to start planning our first trips, our kit, and everything else we might need.

Thanks go to the kind and helpful members of this forum for steering us in the right directions.

Hope to see you soon.

(Btw, Cheryl will probably be a waver, I probably won’t be)
;bigwelcome:Hello & welcome to a fantastic lifestyle. Enjoy you're planning & all you're adventures:cheers:

OP
OP
T

Tony68000

Free Member
Sep 10, 2021
North Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Super Newbie
A very warm welcome Tony, Cheryl to the Motorhome family. My wife and I have just bought our first MH just 19 days ago!! We have also done two short trips away locally (N Norfolk) to get to know how everything works and learn how to set up etc.. it’s been great fun. We wish you well in your travels and there are some wonderful sites in Norfolk if you venture this way.
Hi and thanks. Yes, Norfolk is a beautiful place and we’ll definitely be heading that way at some point.

What was your biggest surprise, good or bad, about your first nights away?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Brilliant! Know any good local spots? We’ve got Caister Lakes lined up, and want to keep local-ish for the few few trips. We’re top-left N. lincs, almost S. York’s.
Oooh you can’t be far from me then👍
w2f Bet you can’t wait to get out!
Safe happy travels, got our latest moho last month and we’re chomping at the bit to get over to Germany👍

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Hi All,

I’ve been on this forum for a couple of months now, mostly asking questions about potential purchases. Finally, we have put a deposit down on a motorhome, so perhaps it’s time to introduce ourselves.

Our new motorhome is a Rapido 999M 2007 3.0 Auto. After the 6 hour car journey today I am sooo looking forward to an automatic. I can hardly bend my knee at the moment ☹️

We pickup in 4-6 weeks, so it’ll be a nice Christmas present. We’ll probably stick to the U.K. initially, mostly long weekends, but my job lets me work from anywhere, so we have some good options.

We’re now going to start planning our first trips, our kit, and everything else we might need.

Thanks go to the kind and helpful members of this forum for steering us in the right directions.

Hope to see you soon.

Welcome

We have had a Rapido 2008. Great Motorhome. Perhaps you hold off buying a lot until you need it. Yes get your hookup cable and any attachments for filling refillable gas bottles if it comes with them. Your bedding and kitchen cups etc

Personally stick with 12v stuff and gas kettle etc. much easier all round and you have to think of payload

Automatic is fantastic- ours was and our current Dethleffs is too.

Enjoy and keep in touch

Carol

Jun 22, 2019
Durham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Hi and welcome, have you joined the Rapido Owners Facebook Group as well.? Hope you have a great time.

Jun 22, 2019
Durham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Hi welcome to the group, have you also joined the Rapido Owners Group on Facebook.?

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and welcome 😄 sounds exciting, think about your
Payload, when buying bedding, duvets ect, just taking your time, could save you lots of pennies, for future trips away..enjoy

robert groves

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Cornwall (near England)
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek 1991
Exp
since 2006
Hi All,

Hope to see you soon.

Welcome,....now all you have to do is find some available sites ....Good Luck !

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
:welcome3:

Good choice - we're on our second Rapido, albeit a van conversion this time. ;)

Enjoy! (y)

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Just look after your mirrors, rather expensive to replace, upwards of £1300 each !!!!

Oct 14, 2021
North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 635 EK
Exp
I am a newbie
Hello and welcome, we too have just bought a Motorhome and for us it’s our first time. I am sure you will enjoy your many trips away. Take care 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back