We’ve booked our summer hols! What are the rest of you up to? (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
No intention of booking anywhere at the mo. If sites are open may just phone to see if they have a suitable pitch then off we go. When Europe opens up propper we will jump the tunnel and take it from there.
However, as soon as Australia let us in again we will be one of the first on the flight.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Well we woke up yesterday morning and after a beautiful brekky of homemade bread rolls, scrammy egg and a couple of cups of tea, provided as ever by my fab SHMBO we started to panic about summer hols! Were campsites filling up? Were we going to miss the boat and end up being stuck in the North West with nowhere to go? Well we’ve booked for near Padstow for the third week in June and near Looe for the last week in June-1st week July and to say we’re happy is an understatement! We’re going to take our Toad and have an absolute blast! We do have to hope that we get vaccinated and that lockdown is dead in the water! Can’t wait! We are also hoping for a few “dry runs” of long weekends away..... here’s hoping!

What are other people’s plans?!

Cheers!

Russ n Kathryn xx
You've not readWombles post about Rally Planning on Fun, Have you?

Just sayin' (no g) :whistle2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
You've not readWombles post about Rally Planning on Fun, Have you?

Just sayin' (no g) :whistle2:
I got my sundays in a muddle and thought it was the first of feb last sunday, it was hours before I realised my mistake! I will be on starters orders again this sunday.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I got my sundays in a muddle and thought it was the first of feb last sunday, it was hours before I realised my mistake! I will be on starters orders again this sunday.
You're not the only one carolyn. The author thought that too Hee Hee!
Just remember that next Sunday is the announcement. The 'Book' opens the Sunday after.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
You're not the only one carolyn. The author thought that too Hee Hee!
Just remember that next Sunday is the announcement. The 'Book' opens the Sunday after.
I don’t feel so bad now! Ah right I had forgotten that was how it worked. I will be ready that’s for sure, alarm set, devices charged. It will be like the children trying to get into Glastonbury.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I don’t feel so bad now! Ah right I had forgotten that was how it worked. I will be ready that’s for sure, alarm set, devices charged. It will be like the children trying to get into Glastonbury.
It is 'READ ONLY' next Sunday.
You need to set alarms on Sunday 14th (And I know Nick isn't taking you out for a romantic meal that evening, even if he wants to!)

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Had the van serviced Monday and raring to go,hav’nt booked anywhere but a member of cc&c club and c&mhome club so should always find somewhere hopefully soon😎

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
We’ve had to yet again ditch our usual 3-4 month tour of Europe and instead booked up a 30 day tour round East Anglia. Using C&MC sites but mostly CL’s, looking forward to sampling some Cromer crab 🦀 amongst other delights. Whatever you manage to do for your hols, enjoy them and stay safe out there folks.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We moved our 2020 ferry crossings for June and September to this year, and are hoping we can use them, but if not will try to move them again and holiday in the UK again like last year.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Angoulême, third week in September.

One of the good points with Covid/Brexit destroying our company will be that I can get to such events at last, never been to Le Mans but now I’ll be able to (but I suspect not this year)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Butlins are expecting a huge revival this year. Any takers (y)

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
I'm waiting to see an end to this virus before booking anywhere. I don't want to be re-infected by mutant variants😁.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
All maybes but something to look forward to if they happen.

North Wales in June (carried over from 2020), Wells (carried over) then onto Dorset in July and Yeovil (wedding reception carried over from 2020) onto IOW in late August early September.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Ferry booked Portsmouth Bilbao for early may,,changed it twice already but fingers crossed,,Spain and Portugal for 90 days would be nice..BUSBY.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
For members, the Camping & Caravan Club Temporary Holiday Sites offer excellent value. One of out favorites' is Porth Beach near Newquay. Across the road from the beach, dogs allowed early morning and evening, Tapas Bar next to entrance, pub on the beach, superb facilities, and to our mind just like a CampingCar Park aire. £20 a night high season!

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
The kevenh’s main 2020 holiday was meant to be a Mediterranean cruise with my recently widowed little sis & her young family.
Postponed until Aug 2021
I hope it happens. It’ll be a great pickup for them and we enjoy a cruise.

Edit: Recently widowed is relating to the original cruise timing. Her husband, Gary, passed away quite a few months before the pandemic. ☹️

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
It's nice to plan trips, I really enjoy it. That said the beauty of a motorhome is that you really don't have to plan. We have a lot going on so won't plan anything, but if opportunity pops open a window, we'll be off, don't care where.
I agree. We don’t normally overplan, which is why we tend not to reach our original destination. We have set off for Portugal on three occasions but never reached it because other travellers have asked us “Have you been to...... You must visit”. So we did and met some-one else who made another suggestion. We have visited some fabulous places, as a result, but never yet reached Portugal.

However, sitting at the dining table with the map and site guard gave us a moment of hope on a dark, wet and miserable day.

Reactions: Jim
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Pre booked from May to September U.K. places like Cornwall, Dorset, and allocated time for Scotland or other beauty spots. Pre booked music festivals as well, cancellations starting to occur already, shame.
Its good to pre plan at least.
Phil

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
No intention of booking anywhere at the mo. If sites are open may just phone to see if they have a suitable pitch then off we go. When Europe opens up propper we will jump the tunnel and take it from there.
However, as soon as Australia let us in again we will be one of the first on the flight.
Me too référence Australia . So want to see our daughter . Will soon be 2 years :-( But sadly not holding my breath as word on the street re Oz is 2022 :-(

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Me too référence Australia . So want to see our daughter . Will soon be 2 years :-( But sadly not holding my breath as word on the street re Oz is 2022 :-(
Yes i read on the Australian Tripadvisor forum. Not looking good for us to get there 2021 :cry:

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
We've been 'Jabbed' and decided to make a plan, its UK based due to concern regarding travel restrictions and the cost of Insurance for me this year after a health issue last autumn.
So we've booked a return trip to Isles of Scilly, went a few years back and really enjoyed the place. It all needs to be booked as accommodation fills quickly, some are booked solid for two years!!
We meander down in the van to Lands End, fly over, stay in a hotel for a week, fly back and meander home all late June into July. On one site we booked the last slot available for our chosen dates, so things are filling fast.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back