Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
What needs to be done for the extra bits under the van,
both fresh and grey water tanks are under-slung, can these also be sprayed? or is it a case of greater accuracy spraying?

Also, any estimated cost for a 6 metre panel van? or at least gallons/litres of the stuff that might be needed?

luckily I have a mates son willing to do it at work ... saves me getting covered::bigsmile:

Cheers
2dogs

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
provided you just plan to spray the chassis and outriggers, then 2 or 3 gallons (15litres) will see the job done. try to avoid the obvious places like gearbox and exhaust, but also the suspension parts. spraying plastic water tanks is pointless and spraying the floor is debatable whether theres a benefit or if it will seal in damp making it rot. great if you underseal a brand new van floor, but with an older one, just make absolutely sure its bone dry first

i am sure you know the above anyway:thumb:

OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Thanks Big1,

the lad knows what he's doing on standard vehicles but not done a converted van before. He did guesstimate 2+ gallons so on the right track.

And he won't do it unless its been hot and dry for at least a week .....
some hope with the current weather:cry:

Cheers
2dogs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
When I first bought my MH (new) I was advised to go under the chassis and Waxoyl the bottom edges of the side walls, wherever any obvious framework wood was visible. That seemed to make sense to me so I went ahead and did it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back