Free Member
Sep 22, 2014
Woodchurch Kent
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2014
im new to MH only had my MH for 2 weeks, love Watergate Bay in Newquay can anyone recommend a good site that takes dogs? Thank you in advance

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We like Porth beach, walk to Watrrgate or Newquay, good facilities.(y)

Likewise.. been using that site since we went away in a tent.. it is very convenient.. lovely walking into town along the beach at low water.. but like all sites in and around Newquay it is a bit pricey. For a premium pitch you can pay up to £50 per night for a van and two people in peak periods.. and gets packed in the holiday season .. http://www.porthbeach.co.uk/

also check here .. http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results3.asp?search=newquay&by=town

If you join the CClub you have cheaper options using CLs..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
We used CL's all around Cornwall and Devon..But you do need to be Caravan Club members. £8 to £12 a night makes it worth the joining fee if you are staying for 3 weeks like we did !!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Go South of Newquay and travel in remembering Holywelll and Crantock beaches for surf. 2 great campsites I have used in a tent and mMH. First one is in Cubert. Crossroads campsite. Was run by Tony but he passed on and wife and daughter running it now. i would suspect about £15 a night now. Or where we have been for the past 3 years at Goonhavern Lakewell Campsite. Carry on past the double roundabout in Goonhavern away from Newquay and about 400 yards on the right handside. I think it was about a tenner for no leccy in the height of summer and they hav etheir own fishing lake with small trout and rudd. Well worthy of going to then travel in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
A bit late, but just want to add the C&CC Tregurrian club site. According to the web site pets are welcome and it's about a 15 - 20 minute walk to the bay via the coastal path.

Probably packed (and expensive) during peak season, but I was there a couple of weeks ago and with the September special offer they were running, it cost me less than £7 a night (standard pitch).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back